So, the trip officially started at 9.00 am on 28th June 2009 (28!! Jun!!) when I took a taxi to the LCCT. On the way, I had a very enlightening talk with the taxi driver who had all sorts of advice for me. He also gave me quite a mind-boggling question, which I will ponder on from time to time. I met Eela at the terminal and we checked in together.
The flight to Bangkok was uneventful (so was the flight back, hee). We slept, I played Sudoku and read Reader's Digest (July Edition). The plane safely landed at the Survanabhumi International Airport at approximately 12.45pm(Thailand time). We decided to be a bit adventurous and take the bus rather than a taxi. After I had a good first look at Bangkok, I promptly fell asleep until we were nearing Victory Monument.
We got off the bus near the BTS station. Next mode of transport: Skytrain! The BTS Skytrain is quite like Malaysia's LRT. We just had two stops though and stopped at Ratchathewi. Then, we spent almost an hour looking for our hotel, The Residence Rajtaevee. We made a wrong turn and had walk all the way back to where we started. With our bag straps digging onto our backs, we had to turn to the locals for directions. In the end, we had to take a Tuk Tuk to the hotel. And the best part is, it turned out if we had just walked a bit further up the road, we could've found the hotel ourselves. Sheeesh...
We checked in and freshened up a bit because we had to be at the Impact Arena by 5.00 pm and it was already 3.30pm. We hailed a taxi to take us to the venue but as we were nearing the area, the traffic slowed to almost a crawl. We spent most of our time in the taxi basically counting down the minutes and worriedly looking up front wondering what the traffic jam is all about.
Me with my three boys..
We made it in the nick of time and just barely got our tickets, which by the way is sooo COOL! We walked around the area, took some pictures and immediately headed to the official goods counter. But only the T-shirts and hairpins were left! So I bought the shirts for me and Kak Maya and then we joined the queue to our section. This time we had numbered seats which is a bit further up from the stage. The staff did a thorough search of our bags and they threw away all our food! And they managed to find my camera so I had to turn it in. Sob!
Taking pictures in front of the 4nologue display and the official TVXQ! merchandise booth.
The concert was AWESOME! It started at 6.00pm. I screamed until my throat was sore and DBSK haven't even came out yet. Tsk tsk.. The boys were absolutely fantastic. They started with fast songs (basically lip-synching). I can't remember the exact playlist of the concert but among the performances I adore were: Rising Sun (my fave!!), Wrong Number, Sky, It's Time For Love, Mirotic, Hug (Rock version), Balloons, Xiahtic, Checkmate (Yunho vs. Junsu!), Tonight, Hahaha Song and Insa. I absolutely LOVE the boys' ballads and their fast numbers are so very engaging that I had a very hard time deciding to see the screen or the boys themselves. Almost always my eyes would be dragged to the stage because I wanted to appreciate the overall choreography and when else can I feast my eyes on them.
I thought Junsu seems a bit out at first. But towards the end, he started to smile a lot. Yunho looked like he had tons of fun on stage and was always bending over backwards (literally) for the fans. Jaejoong was sheer visual perfection. He looks so smoldering that I find myself thinking what a pretty guy he is a few times throughout the show. Yoochun also seem like he had lots of fun and played around quite a bit. Changmin fell during the Hahaha song and kinda hurt his ankle (?) but somehow he continued the performance. For this show, they had a total of two "fake" endings where they just suddenly exit stage. But just as suddenly they would popup again. But most of us already knew, thanks to Youtube! Aaah, isn't the Red Ocean beautiful?
The show ended at about 8.45pm. Most of the fans were reluctant to leave their seats. But when we got outside, it was raining! And the roads up front were already about 3 inches deep in water. We spent about half an hour to get a taxi but our efforts were futile. So we took a mini-bus to the Mo Chit BTS station and then took a taxi to our hotel. It was already about 12.30am by the time we dragged our feet into our room and just fell on the bed.
We had about three hours worth of sleep because we needed to be at the airport by 5.00am. So we checked out of the hotel at 4.30am and took a taxi. We had a lot of time in our hands so we walked around a bit and settled at the Muslim prayer room. We spent about half an hour there and then proceeded to the passport control. The staff there took my toner!! Why?! I didn't do anything interesting during the flight. But I did buy a couple of AirAsia shirts and a glow-in-the-dark Transformers shirt. Because I wanted to finish all my Bahts. Hee..
You might not notice but we hadn't have a decent meal since the start of the journey. As soon as we got off the plane, we headed straight to OldTown. I had a HorFun, Kaya Toast with a cool chocolate drink. Bad move. Why? Because I had sore throat and a disappearing voice. I should not be having cold drinks. In keeping with our theme of taking public transport, we took the Aerobus to KL Central and then parted ways at the Putra LRT. Thanks Eela!! It may seem crazy to some of you but I felt this was one thing I needed to do. We only get to do crazy things so many times in our life, right? And, if you can believe it, I spent a total of a thousand ringgit for the whole trip. Not bad right?
There you have it, the whole account. It's not really a fan account since I only mentioned the concert in three paragraphs. But the concert was one of the main point of the post, hence the bold. Hahaha.


No comments:
Post a Comment