Saehaebok manhi badussaeyo!
Interestingly, I spent the last day of 2009 and the first day of 2010 with.. AMALINA!! Hajimemashou!!
30th December 2009 (Wednesday)
Kak Ella and Syibrah (my cousins from Terengganu) stayed at our house the night before. Kak Ella had some work today and Syibrah was there to teman her. Turned out, Kak Ella's driver lost his way and got to our house later than the promised 9 o'clock. Since Syibrah had class at 10, I volunteered to send her to UIA with Husna. After we dropped her off, I stopped by Kulliyyah of Engineering to pick up some documents from Nazri.
Husna and me decided that since we were already out, we would like to have something before we get lazy and just hang around the house. So, we made our way to Jaya Jusco Wangsa Maju when suddenly Abah called and asked us where we were. When he found out where we were going, he agreed to meet us there. Soon after he reached JJ, we headed to Johnys for a (quite heavy) brunch. I had BBQ beef noodle and some steamboat, which is all ended nicely with a sundae. This is ekceli my customary menu in Johnys, just that lately, I haven't had the noodles and was positively hankering for it. When the bill came... (drum rolls).. RM80!!! For three people!! Tsk tsk.. Having eaten to our tummies' full capacity, Husna and me walked around the complex and what did we come across? Starbucks!! I just had to have one last Toffee Nut Frappucino. Which I did end up finising on the later part of the day.
Abah had to go to his office and told us to go to nenek's house to pick up some rambutans. Obediently, we went there and got two plastics full of rambutan, plus the roti jala with kuah durian that they had on the table. I had a serious headache by the time we got home, so I decided to move around a bit. For some reason, I didn't sleep at all to get rid of the headache.. Weird.. Didn't do anything special after that.. Got online, downloaded some stuff, watched some variety shows.. And that night is IRIS (Can Lee Byeong Hoon be any HOTter?) and Hwang Jini (Am loving Geun Seok in this..).. My usual Kdrama fare..
31st December 2009 (Thursday)
Ama, Illi and me were supposed to go to Penang the day before, but because of family matters, Illi had to cancel her plans. So, Ama and me decided to hang around KL instead. After waiting a bit for Dini, Husna and me went to pick Ama up. Ama and me wanted to catch a movie and the younger two (Dini and Husna) were also up for a movie. After buying our tickets, we decided to have luch at Marches. It was my first time there and the experience was quite unique. I had some roshti, which is a little bit different than what I had in Switzerland. Ama bought pasta while the other two opted for chicken. And because I could't resist, I got myself some root beer in a cute little bottle.
30th December 2009 (Wednesday)
Kak Ella and Syibrah (my cousins from Terengganu) stayed at our house the night before. Kak Ella had some work today and Syibrah was there to teman her. Turned out, Kak Ella's driver lost his way and got to our house later than the promised 9 o'clock. Since Syibrah had class at 10, I volunteered to send her to UIA with Husna. After we dropped her off, I stopped by Kulliyyah of Engineering to pick up some documents from Nazri.
Husna and me decided that since we were already out, we would like to have something before we get lazy and just hang around the house. So, we made our way to Jaya Jusco Wangsa Maju when suddenly Abah called and asked us where we were. When he found out where we were going, he agreed to meet us there. Soon after he reached JJ, we headed to Johnys for a (quite heavy) brunch. I had BBQ beef noodle and some steamboat, which is all ended nicely with a sundae. This is ekceli my customary menu in Johnys, just that lately, I haven't had the noodles and was positively hankering for it. When the bill came... (drum rolls).. RM80!!! For three people!! Tsk tsk.. Having eaten to our tummies' full capacity, Husna and me walked around the complex and what did we come across? Starbucks!! I just had to have one last Toffee Nut Frappucino. Which I did end up finising on the later part of the day.
Abah had to go to his office and told us to go to nenek's house to pick up some rambutans. Obediently, we went there and got two plastics full of rambutan, plus the roti jala with kuah durian that they had on the table. I had a serious headache by the time we got home, so I decided to move around a bit. For some reason, I didn't sleep at all to get rid of the headache.. Weird.. Didn't do anything special after that.. Got online, downloaded some stuff, watched some variety shows.. And that night is IRIS (Can Lee Byeong Hoon be any HOTter?) and Hwang Jini (Am loving Geun Seok in this..).. My usual Kdrama fare..
31st December 2009 (Thursday)
Ama, Illi and me were supposed to go to Penang the day before, but because of family matters, Illi had to cancel her plans. So, Ama and me decided to hang around KL instead. After waiting a bit for Dini, Husna and me went to pick Ama up. Ama and me wanted to catch a movie and the younger two (Dini and Husna) were also up for a movie. After buying our tickets, we decided to have luch at Marches. It was my first time there and the experience was quite unique. I had some roshti, which is a little bit different than what I had in Switzerland. Ama bought pasta while the other two opted for chicken. And because I could't resist, I got myself some root beer in a cute little bottle.
After performing our solah, we headed to the cinema. Ama and me for Avatar 3D (Yeay!!) and Husna and Dini to Did You Hear About The Morgans. Avatar was 3 and a half hour long but it was enjoyable nonetheless. The storyline was quite predictable but the visual is amazing. Pandora is absolutely beautiful. To think what the human imagination can think of, and then realize that heaven is soo much more beautiful. Subhanallah. Anyway, I loved the message and the characters really grow on you. To the point where I muttered to myself several times during the movie "Humans suck". Hahaha.. The destruction was just pointless, and in the end they died in vain. Stupid humans. Ama, I See You...
Moving on, it has been almost five hours since our last meal, so we decided to have something to eat at IKEA. Of course the staple menu would be meatballs and DAIM cake. We enjoyed our yummy food as we watched people setting up for the end-of-the-year celebration at the street dividing IKEA and The Curve. I bought some frozen meatballs and Daim Cake (Yeay!!) and then we sent Ama home. As soon as I reached home, I fell asleep and only woke up at about 11.30pm when Aunty Darl came to pick Dini up. Since it was nearing midnight, she decided to stay for awhile, which is why we ended up watching the fireworks together. After the "Woot..!!"s and "Yeah..!!"s I went back inside and what do I find when I flipped channels? DEVDAS!! Dev was already dying and he's on his way to meet Paro... Ooh, how I miss Shahrukh.. After that, it was nighty night again for me..
Dev is looking at you..
1st January 2010 (Friday)
Ama had to take her brother home from UPNM first which is why I reached Ama's at about 11 in the morning. On my way to Ama's I stopped by Illi's to drop off some souvenirs that I got for her at Langkawi. But since she was out, I only managed to pass it to her brother. After picking Ama up, we quickly made our way to Trolak. Ama's mom packed us some nuggets and we bought some drinks at the petrol station to tide us over. We got to Kak Maya's at about 12.30pm and after a while, she had our luch ready.. Nasi Ayam.. No more tempoyak for Ama, hahaha..
Unbelievably, as we were lounging on Kak Maya's bed waiting for her to get back from an errand, both Ama and me fell asleep. Kinda rude for the guests to eat and then just sleep, but then, we WERE quite tired.. We woke up after Kak maya got back and got ready to go to the hotspring.. We got to ride on Kak Maya's new car!! Woot!! Hers is a purple (Jun's colour, eheh) Persona.. She was quite jittery driving it though, as she's still not used to driving a bigger car and had some difficulties adjusting.. But I think she's doing OK now.. All the while, Ama and me were busily eating her doughnuts, that were a bit chewy but yummy nonetheless.
Ama had to take her brother home from UPNM first which is why I reached Ama's at about 11 in the morning. On my way to Ama's I stopped by Illi's to drop off some souvenirs that I got for her at Langkawi. But since she was out, I only managed to pass it to her brother. After picking Ama up, we quickly made our way to Trolak. Ama's mom packed us some nuggets and we bought some drinks at the petrol station to tide us over. We got to Kak Maya's at about 12.30pm and after a while, she had our luch ready.. Nasi Ayam.. No more tempoyak for Ama, hahaha..
Unbelievably, as we were lounging on Kak Maya's bed waiting for her to get back from an errand, both Ama and me fell asleep. Kinda rude for the guests to eat and then just sleep, but then, we WERE quite tired.. We woke up after Kak maya got back and got ready to go to the hotspring.. We got to ride on Kak Maya's new car!! Woot!! Hers is a purple (Jun's colour, eheh) Persona.. She was quite jittery driving it though, as she's still not used to driving a bigger car and had some difficulties adjusting.. But I think she's doing OK now.. All the while, Ama and me were busily eating her doughnuts, that were a bit chewy but yummy nonetheless.
Anyway, we reached the hotspring at about 3.30pm.. We didn't stop at the natural sauna and hotspring place and headed straight to the cool mountain pool.. But there were too many people there so we just dipped our toes in and took some pictures.. Ama had to look grumpy in all of them, hurmph.. We stopped by the egg boiling place and had a dip there too. I think the water's a bit hotter than the last time we were here. After we had enough of leg-boiling, we decided to take off. We're not spending the night.. We stopped for a while at the natural sauna (we had the whole place to ourselves) and just let the sulphuric smoke warm our bodies. Then, we head back to Kak Maya's. After freshening up, we head back home.
Hmm, I think that's it for my start of the year account.. Didn't do much on the next two days.. Went to class.. Then to Safuraa's wedding (with Sabri, my wedding partner, ahaks).. And that nite, we tried the karaoke place in Wangsa Walk (I danced to Genie.. peace!!).. Cleaned up my room.. And that's it!!
Akemashite omedetou!!

.jpg)






No comments:
Post a Comment