Saturday, September 1, 2012

WHEN I MET G...

Guess who was in town a few days back..?? G..!! G..!! Haha, cannot stand it.. Need to say it twice.. LOL.. Anyway, G is Gandalf Archer, Program Director for BodyJam also choreograher extraordinaire and inspiration for all BodyJam instructors. He is like THE MAN for BodyJam. Like nobody owns BodyJam but him. Ok, I'm starting to swoon. Ahha. So it was like a totally surreal experience to see him with my own two freaking eyes and my BodyJam team even got to be on stage together with him. WITH HIM!! Sorry, freaked out again.
 We met him several times during his visit to KL. The first ever was at the LesMills Quarterly Workshop at the Twin Tower Fitness center. Even though I was kinda tired from Sh'bam seing him come from the prep area was like unbelievable. Plus, the Herbalife shake I had in the morning really helped..!! (ye, ade iklan sekejap) Everyone kept screaming when he came and when he was teaching we laughed at everything he does. Most of us were like schoolgirls meeting their first crush. I think he likes that. After BodyJam he did some freestyling before education. Super FUN..!! Then everyone was like scrambling to get photos with him. He was in a hurry so he couldn't entertain everyone. Bummer.
We met him again for rehearsal at the MBf for the O.M.G. event. It's an event organized by Fitness First where we danced for more than 2 hours and the proceeds go to charity. During practice I kept asking myself whether I was dreaming. Haha. The rehearsal was fun though. We didn't manage to do the BodyJam 62 dance school because G changed the routine around, but sill we were all very satisfied. The boyband stuff was highly entertaining. After practice, there was a long line of BodyJam instructors wanting to take pictures and get his signature. He signed my shirt and shoes. He also signed my phone but by the end of the night that was gone. Sobs..!! We had another rehearsal at the actual venue, Neverland.
And it was time to get ready. The BodyJam team had hair and make up done by A Cut Above. Made my eyes pop..!! We took pictures while waiting for the members to register. G also shared the same prep area with us so I took a while to stop staring at him. Haha. After the briefing by Ken, our amazing BodyJam Head Teacher we went down to mingle with the members. Lots of them came. The management only targeted about 250 people to join, but 400 turned up, which was why the place was uber packed..!! Being on stage was mind blowing. Everyone I saw had such a great time. We were supposed to have one more block to present but G had to cut it short due to lack of time. So he was just winging it towards the end with all the BoyJam team on stage with him. WITH HIM..!! Haha.. During the closing nobody wanted to leave. G was like, "Get off the stage and go home..!!" But he did say to the crowd "See you next year" wchich brought up lots of cheers and woot woots. We had a lot of nice comments about O.M.G. afterwards. Even G said what he saw that night was something totally not BodyJam and it was next level stuff. He even said the F word so he means business. Ahaha.
So, that's one of my ultimate wish list done. I'm still having withdrawal from all that awesomeness. Seeing G on stage really made me learn a lot of things. Like how to be a better instructor and how its all about putting everyone around you at ease. Getting along with all levels of people and even how to let go and just have fun with the dance. G, U DA MAN..!!

No comments: