Thursday, February 5, 2009

WEEKEND IN MELAKA

On the 31st of January, all of us went to have a quick vacation to A'Famosa Resort in Melaka. A'Famosa has been sort of our go to place for any RnR these days. We booked our usual bungalow, which is quite secluded from the rest.

We were supposed to have been on the road by 10, but true to our roots, we only finished loading the car and picking up Nenek at 11.00. Nenek was a bit upset because we were supposed to pick her up at 9.30. Sorry Nenek!!

I managed to watch an episode of a Korean variety show, 2Days 1Night where they had Park Chanho as their first ever guest. As usual, I would laugh my guts off everytime I see the antics of the hosts. They are just too hilarious. Since I woke up quite early that morning, I also managed to watch 2 episodes of Hana Yori Dango. Waa, I'm just so in love with Domyouji and Makino.. They are just too cute!! Of course, all of this happened before 10am...

Kawaii Makino with Domyouji...

Anyway, after filling the car up, we started our travel at 11.15. We had to take two cars since there were 9 of us, including Nenek and Kak Tina. I wasn't feeling so well, because I was just recovering from a slight fever and flu. So I kinda stayed quite and slept throughout the journey.

We stopped for a while at Nilai Impian to see the house that Mama and Abah is planning to buy. It's a bungalow so we'll have a nice bit of land around the house. The house is a bit bigger than the one in Setiawangsa. Nenek couldn't walk far so she just saw one of the houses upfront.


We reached our bungalow at about 2. After unpacking, all of us were quite hungry. Luckily, mama and Kak Tina had packed and prepared a nice lunch for us. After quicky gobbling up the food, I slept for a while and some others watched the TV. Then, I went outside and just enjoyed some music while dipping my legs in the cool swimming pool. Nenek came out and said it would be such a waste if we didn't have a swim since we are already there. After a quick change, me, Nenek, Huda and Husna were in the pool. The water was unbelievably cold. Plus, the wind was blowing pretty strongly. My teeth were close to chattering!! But it was so refreshing. I was also happy since it was a long time since I last swam.


That night we went out to eat at Melaka (as usual). Zaim brought us to this place (Sorry, I can't remember where) and we had some fish, squids and fishes accompanied by Nasi Lemak and Otak Otak. We stopped by RnR Alor Gajah since some of us wanted to use the toilet. Abah wanted to have teh tarik and we ended up staying there for at least a good half an hour. We bought some bread and snacks from the nearby Caltex and went back to our bungalow.


The next day, I started packing early but it turned out we were checking out at 12. We (Zaim, Zaid, Huda and me) had another dip in the pool and got ready to go back. But only after we had Mam's delicious soto. Maximum umai!!
Ama picked me up at the Alor Gajah tol and we went to our friend's wedding. There were a lot of familiar faces there and I got to meet Nazri's baby!! Yeay!! Meanwhile, the rest of my family went to Taman Seribu Bunga and had lunch somewhere in Melaka before returning to KL.


When we reached KL, Ama had a sudden craving for Johnys. So we headed to Aeon AU2 and had a smaller version of the meals we usually have at Johnys. Then we did a bit of shopping. It was Ama's first time there so we went around the complex. She dropped me off at home at about 6.45pm. Thanks Ama!! I love You!!


So I had a brief rest before turning in for the night. Gotta work tomorow...

No comments: