Saturday, February 28, 2009

I LOVE YOU!!

Three simple words that when uttered in earnest can change one's entire life.


All my family, friends and even colleagues are touchy feely. Me and my sisters hug all the time. And we basically shower our parents with kisses. So much so that sometimes Mama kinda looks away when we come with lips-a-pouting. I hold hands with my friends almost all the time when we go out and sometimes would lean on a colleague's shoulder just because I felt like it.


So it was kind of baffling for me when I heard on radio that Malaysians don't express their love so much and kind of expect everything to be understood rather than said (or shown). I can not even imagine being in that sort of relationship where you just kind of take the emotions for granted and just left unexpressed. I have no opposition to that but let me tell you a hug is a thousand times better than just someone saying everything's gonna be alright. I make it a point to give both my parents a quick peck when I go out to work. Call it childish, but that gives me energy and a certain peace of mind. A kind of feeling that if ever anything happens to me (Nauzubillah) there will be no regrets. I've shown my parents how much I loved them and they also know how much I love them.

The thing that is BIG in our family is birthday celebrations. We just love celebrating birthdays and it is kind of unfortunate for us that we only get 7 a year. Usually we'll go out and celebrate together. A cake and a card is a MUST. But I learnt that not everybody does that and that is quite sad. Get togethers are the time when you gather all your family members and have a good time with each other. We would make jokes and catch up with each other. Take pictures together and basically just enjoy in each other company. I love moments like those where all of us are together and just having fun. All of us having one big smile plastered on our face. We've never been shy to hug and hold hands when we are out. I sometimes think it's fun to do in public, just to see others' reaction.


The same can not be said for my friends though. Although I take every effort to go out with them, work life has kept us separate for long periods of time. But you know what the first thing Kak Maya will do when she sees me? She'll pinch my cheeks real hard and then both of us will laugh it off, walking along with arms linking. I sometimes make it a point to say "I love you" when I talk with them on the phone. Me and Qamah would shout our I love yous back and forth in every telephone conversation, amidst the muahx and *hugs*..I wouls sometime send messages to Ama for hugs and just simple I miss yous. Honestly I don't feel that it is nothing to be embarassed about to show affection to your loved ones. It lets them know that you care.

Therefore, without further ado. I just want to say I love you to all my family (Abah, Mama, Zaim, Huda, Zaid and Husna), my friends (Ama, Kak Maya, Illi, Qamah, Zinn) and anybody that know me. All of you made a difference in my life and made me who I am today. Although at times I may not be able to show it, I LOVE YOU!!

(props to Ichigo for the DBSK scans)

No comments: