Sunday, April 12, 2009

TEEN DESIGNS

When I was in my early teens, I liked to buy colored pens. At first, they were purely for educational purposes because I like to make my notes all nice and colorful..

Then I started coloring in the little squares in the Math exercise books, and I ended up with these. The colors a bit blurry coz I scanned the piece and the pens I usually use are the glittery pens. So, what do we learn today?

Glittery pens+Scanning=Blurry picture..




















I think I did this purely out of letting the creative juices flow and a little bit of boredom. It was also a good way to de-stress as I would concentrate on doing this for a while before turning my attention to studies. It didn't take long to finish a piece, though. But after a while I found it hard to think of new patterns. They may not be much, just my own personal contribution to repeating patterns.

If I'm not mistaken, I stopped doing this when I entered IIUM Matric. Dunno why, but I just stopped. In fact only those who were around (i.e. my secondary school friends) when I was coloring, know about these. My English teaher saw it and said I could be an artist for tainted or colored windows (kinda like the ones in churches). Hmm, I think not.. Haha.. I'm not THAT creative, Teacher.

No comments: