Monday, November 16, 2009

A DAY TO REMEMBER (Pix Later)

13th November 2009...

Is without a doubt a day to remember, especially for Abah. Why? Because it was his 52nd birthday and 27th wedding anniversary. Not to mention that it was also his last working day before he goes on holiday and retire. Naturally, we had a couple of things planned for him. Bought a cake. Made (yes, made) a huuge card. Created a video. The plan was to celebrate with him after he got off work. But then we encountered a major hitch in our plan. Abah had a meeting that night. And it will most probably end at 11pm. All of us were determined to wait for him, but 11pm came and went without even a single message from him. Everyone ended up sleeping (except for Zaim). And guess what time he arrived? At 1 in the morning!! Zaim quickly woke me up but both of us failed to wake the rest up. Resigned, we decided to postpone the entire thing to the next day. But if we did that, we couldn't celebrate together because all of us (except the boys) are heading to Melaka the very next day. So, with a heavy heart, we decided to just have the celebration at any opportune time.

14th November 2009...

Abah had to leave for Melaka at 6am (pretty busy for someone supposedly on holiday, rite). Because Huda had Mandarin class and Nenek is also otherwise occupied, the rest of us only managed to start our journey to Melaka at about 3pm. It was raining quite heavily which made the travel a little bit longer than necessary. When we arrived in Alor Gajah, Abah was at the nearby mamak place so we met him there. We were also quite hungry because we hadn't had a decent lunch that day. I had fried maggi which is quite nice. And there was also a hilarious episode when Husna went to buy her credit. Anyway, when we got to the house, it was just beginning to get dark. I took a dip at the swimming pool and got ready for dinner.

We were invited to dinner in Umbai. The ride there took almost an hour and a half, with four of us (Nenek, Huda, Husna and me) squished in the back. The food was delishious as usual. I stuffed myself with lotsa prawn, squid and fish. Seafood is NICE!! We met up with our friends (Auntie Za!!) in Melaka and chatted a bit. Truly, there was never a dull moment when we were feasting. However, as fate would have it, that night would also be the night where Channel [V] is airing Arashi's Videoscope. Of all nights. So, I was wee bit depressed whenever I thought of Arashi on the telly (heh, British much?).. We got home quite late that night, which is why all of us stumbled into bed as soon as we arrived and promptly dozed off.

15th November 2009...

As with the previous mornings, Abah was already out by the time we woke up. This time he's headed to a golf course. The rest of us sat by the pool, playing Sudoku and just enjoying the sun. I really loved sitting at the edge of the pool and just dip my legs, listening to the songs on my phone. With the wind blowing softly and little flower petals flying all around me, it was truly bliss. Like a small piece of heaven on earth. Abah got back at around 1pm. And we quickly got together and presented him with his birthday cake that we had hauled all the way from Kuala Lumpur. While we were enjoying the cake (which is the fruit cake from Baker's Cottage, one of my absolute fave.. Oishii!!) there was a knock on the door and who could it be but Auntie Za with our lunch. I was already packing up by then because we wanted to leave by 3pm *there's a repeat of Videoscope at 6pm* But we only managed to be on the road at about 4pm. Imagine my disappointment when I found out that there was NO Videoscope. But later I found out that the repeat will be on Thursday, which I will definitely watch. I also managed to download the show (thanks to araSSH!subs!) but there's just something when you see it on TV as compared to the computer monitor, get my meaning?

Abah suggested for a family solat hajat and tahlil since all of us will be home that night. Especially because Zaid will be taking his SPM on the 18th November. Nenek also joined us. And guess what we did after that? We showed Abah his video. Got out the cake and gave him his birthday card. FINALLY, we managed to celebrate his birthday together, although a few days late. Still, better late than never, aite? Then, all of us enjoyed some cekodok for a night snack. I love food, especially with family. It makes the eating all the more enjoyable don't you think?

That's it for now. Though I think I said quite a lot.. Huu, gomennasai! Till next time.. PEACE OUT..

No comments: