20th March 2010 marks the day where I first met with the 10 members of SUPER JUNIOR. Hankyung was stil in a legal tangle with SM, Kibum was his usual MIA self and while there were some accounts of Kangin at KLIA he was also a no-show. No offense to ELFS but imo the Suju concert was just like any other. Of course there was the usual jitters, but I just ended up going there, had a blast and went back home. But then again, I'm comparing the concert to TVXQ's so of course there is more than a little bit bias going on.. Thee hee hee... I went with Husna and since she's a bit uninformed on the world of Kpop, she was constantly commenting that she would've enjoyed the concert better if she was a fan. She also kept asking me who's who throughout the concert. One more thing, I didn't bring my camera, so pictures here are what I got off the Internet. Husna also took a few shots but the copies are gone now, eaten by the monster of corrupted hard disk.. Sob!
Well, back to the concert. It started off not so good. we got there quite late, which meant no merchandise. I did manage to bump into Shasha however. She was queueing for the pitt zone. I bade her luck and went to find my seat. I did not manage to meet up with Helman, thogh.. My fanboy friend.. Haha.. The concert was supposed to start at 7, but after two opening acts the stage was eerily quiet. Every once in a while they would put on the sponsor's videos and we would scream our heads off when Suju came in the piture but were viciously let down. And the lights went off at 8..
Suddenly there was a scuffle behind our zone. We could see guard soming with walkie-talkies. Suddenly there was a commotion and security personnels running. So everybody was like straining their necks and going 'who is it? WHO IS IT!!?' Guess what? Ryeowook's entrance was just behind us!! He didn't come through the door till the last minute though so I only got to see him after the first strains of the intro song. And the concert started...
Aah, the sapphire sea.. It was beautiful.. Luckily, I had my blue Mickey ears and mine was blinking so that was cool. Husna also got one red Mickey ears because she just wanted one. Haha.. The Shining Star performance was brilliant.. ELFs turned off the blue lightsticks and shone llitle white lights. It truly did look like little stars peeking through. I saw Sungmin picking one up and playing with it. You can see Leeteuk getting teary eyed and Donghae was also a bit red eyed towards the end of the song. Good job ELFs!
Heechul was crazy! He would run around the stage and during the water fight, he had TWO waterguns and had a mock face-off with one of the fan. Siwon was HOTT!! He kinda gave a peek of his choco abs. Even from afar they looked delicious. Emm, yummy.. I loved Donghae's Beautiful and Ryeowook's Insomnia performances. U, Don't Don, Norago and Sorry, Sorry were DA BOMB! Puff The Magic Dragon was sooo cute! Each member was given an animal character and Heechul was telling a crazy story about how all of them met up and one by one they would enter the stage in their "costume". It was cute as hell.. Then, as Heechul kept telling his story the members on the stage were playing around, smacking people and camwhoring.. Pure fan heaven..
Suju M also made an appearance, as the guest artist. Even though like 80% of them is the MAIN star of the concert.. I was kinda disappointed that they didn't perform ME. But Super Girl was alright.. They were cool! Henry was amazing with the violin.
Towards the end, instead of SNSD's Gee they parodied f(x). The opening was so cute, with f(x) and discovering that Sulli was actually Heechul. Then they performed Chu~ Donghae was Amber (naturally). I can't remember who became who but Wookie ended up with ponytails.
I found many similarities with the Mirotic concert. I think they even used the same stage props. The see through from the bottom stage extension, and the rising platform, where ironically was used by Junsu in Miroticon (Tonight) and then by Eunhyuk in Heartquake. But I think there were some problems with the pneumatics coz the thing kept going up and down, even while Hyukkie was rapping. Though no offense to Eunhyuk, I liked the Noky brothers' version better. Speaking of Heartquake, KRY (Kyuhyun, Ryeowook and Yeseul) really have amazing voices. There were a few times I just closed my eyes and just listened. And for the last similarity, the magnae sang a children song and all the other members kinda fooled around. There was also a section for dance off but that is kinda staple for any Korean stage. Of course my Eunhae shone in that. Shindong, too.
There were lots of Eunhae moments, which I totally love since I LOVE EUNHAE!! Go Eunhae..!! There was even one time they picked up a banner saying Eunhyuk Luv Donghae and waved it around.. How cute is that? But their dances were mindblowing.. Actually seeing their dance with my own eyes was really something.
During their goodbyes, Leeteuk told us that they were coming up with a fourth album soon and coached us to say "Sa jib Dae Bak!" I truly enjoyed their concert and wouldn't mind for another one (or two) encores. By then, my ears were buzzing and my feet were aching from standing on my wobbly chair to get a better view of them.
We found out that the rest of the family were at Wangsa Walk, bowling. So we joined them for their last game and had a late supper at Jumma. Zzz..










No comments:
Post a Comment