Lately my body has been kinda pre-programmed to wake up around 5.30-ish. So it was no surprise that I was bright eyed by 6 and in front of the computer. After Subuh I went down to the kitchen because my stomach was grumbling like nobody's business. I made toast (with chocolate spread and crunchy peanut butter, just like in Kelana!!) and had a few drinks. Took out Abah's birthday cake, had some of that and I was all set. Abah woke everybody up and all of us got ready. He had already told us that the solah would start at 8.30am but being the lazy bums we are, Huda, Husna and me only got out of the house and headed to the masjid at 8.25am. The entrance to the ladies' section was blocked off with the latecomers, so we thought that we could sneak in through the wudu' area. Turned out it was locked and we had to make do with an area just outside the sekolah agama.
There were no Raya fare when we got back, so we all helped Mama with preparing our breakfast as we were positively starving..!! Mama wanted to make hailam and since some preferred mee while others wanted meehoon, she ended up preparing both. Then, we all sat around our litle table and quickly finished off all of the yummylicious noodles. The boys took off first while the girls stayed on to chat, and there was one horrifying episode whereby in the end I ended up laughing till I cried.. Uhuu~
Anak bujang masuk dapur jugak akhirnya.. Mee and Meehoon Hailam Raya Haji..
Anyway, after we filled our tummies, what else do we have to do but sleep.. Haha.. Bet you didn't expect that, but we actually did sleep and only managed to trudge to Nenek's after Zohor. Only Nenek, Belle, Ya and Mak Long were home. Mak Long outdid herself.. There were lotsa good food waiting for us; Laksa, Rendang, Ketupat, Kuah kacang and even Yong Taufu..!! And the butter cakes were damn delicious. The picture below is actually my second Yong Taufu serving.. Eheh.. And then we watched a murder-thriller on TV (The Stepfather) which coincidentally has just been 'khatam'ed by Huda and Abah the night before.
The plaque in front of nenek's read "ERMYZA" originally, the initials of all the family (Enol, Ros, Mimi, Yem, Zainudin and Ana)
Then, we brought Nenek to Atuk's kubur for a visit. Just wanted to mention that Atuk's grave is near a rubber tree which I found somewhat soothing.. Heheh.. Totally random, I know.. So we went back home and got ready for tomorrow. The boys were going back to campus, Husna still had her finals and Huda and me... Well we've got work..! Uhuh.. Maybe that's why this year's Raya Haji didn't feel like an occasion since we only had a one-day break.. Still, it was nice spending it with family, eating good stuff and visiting dear relatives..
No comments:
Post a Comment