Huda's 24th birthday was exactly the same day that I had.. Wait for it.. A whole day of meeting at the Shang-ri La hotel.. (Yeays half-heartedly).. Thankfully, the meeting ended earlier than the planned 7pm (Yeays!!) so it was kinda fated that Huda would find me walking slowly home because my heels were definitely killing me. We got back together and to our surprise Nenek was there!!
Abah suggested we go celebrate somewhere near and after some begging from Huda, Ayang also agreed to join in on the fun. She came right as we were leaving for.. Wait for it.. BORA OMBAK!! It's been a while since we dined there, the ambience is totally purrty and we get to sit in this hut, cross-legged in semi darkness. Dini also joined but sadly Zaim had to leave for college earlier that day so he was MIA. Miss you, Adik!
There were lots of waiting around, which lead to many pictures being taken to pass the time. I think mine was the.. Wait for it.. Last one to reach the table.. Heheh.. I ordered Australian Striploin (not a good choice) and Cofee Toffee Delight (which lived up to its name). After we've gobbled up all the deeeeliciuos food, it was time to give Huda her birthday card. Look at us trying to pose out her reading it.. Hee..
And just because, both me and Huda attended our ... Wait for it.. Kursus Kahwin that weekend. The topics discussed were quite general but because we sat right at the front and center, it was kinda hard not to focus on what the ustaz was imparting. And I got a first-hand view of what Huda becomes in class. A total geek. LOL.. She kept writing down stuff and referring to the book provided while I would just calmly sit back and listen. The ladies outnumber the men, but not by a big margin since most of the participants came in couples. The course was organized by Huda's workplace and so I got to see her office and even met some of her co-workers. Yeay me!!
So, Huda has survived another year. Next year she'll be half-of-a-decade or quarter-of-a-century. May she continue to spread love and happiness with that effervescent personality she has. Although I really do hope she cuts down on the aegyo, it gets annoying after a while.. Stay healthy and may Allah bless you forever and always.
No comments:
Post a Comment