A photo of us before our long drive..
Anyway, the night before I slept over at Ama's and we only woke up at 8 when we originally wanted to start our long drive at 8.30am.. We had stayed up late wrapping up the wedding gifts..Huhu.. But, with some deft driving, lots of singing (Christmas songs!!) and 20 pieces of nuggets, we managed to get to her house before she officially got 'nikah'ed.And this is totally a first for us; the bride stayed home while the akad was taking place at the masjid.. Interesting.. But imo, the waiting was much more unbearable when you're at home just because you don't freaking know what's going on at the masjid..!! Hehe.. Kak Maya just couldn't sit still, wondering what was going on and just hoping everything is all right. Also, they were running a bit late because they were still not back yet at 11.45am even though the pengantins were supposed to get ready for the sanding by then.. Kyaa!!
Kak Maya waiting.. Listen to my heartbeat!!
Alhamdulillah, she was safely married to Fahizal and both were whisked to the pelamin for the requisite 'sarung cincin' where I officially started my pengapit duties. After a brief photo session, Kak Maya retreated to her room to change and re'make-up' for the sanding. She took quite a while, because the MC kept on announcing 'Mane la pengantin nie...' And the MC was just on the other side of the room.!! LOL..
Huwaa, Kak Maya da kawen!!
Kak Hawa also came by then, together with Abang Bale, Kak Manja and their parents.. It's been awhile since I saw Kak Hawa, but I forgot to take any pictures with her.. Sob.. Sorry Kak Hawa.. :'( Then, it's time to break out the umbrella and the fan!! Haha.. When she was all set (at last!!) I escorted Kak Maya to her husband outside.. I got a little confused with the fan because I didn't know whether to keep covering Kak Maya's face or just let it all show.. Kak Maya looked gorgeous btw.. Her head pieces are all so nice and kinda unique..
After the pengantins were brought to the pelamin, it's time for tepung tawar.. Everybody was so fast that I barely had enough time to clear Kak Maya's hands before another family member was called.. Her hands were practically covered with the bunga rampai and were kinda wet.. We had a brief photo session and my duties were finished..
Ama basically spent the time taking pictures and both of us just sat down drinking while waiting for the guests to go back before we ate. But, we just couldn't ignore the grumbling tummies after a while, so we just got in line and got us some food. I loved that the wedding was a collaborative effort of the neighbours. A kind of gotong-royong wedding. It just felt homey.. And the best part was I got myself an 'Aiskrim Pop'..!! Haha.. The last time I had one of those was when I was in primary school, almost 15 years ago.. Wow!!
Me with the wedding cake ; no pictures with Aiskrim Pop though..
Me and Ama headed back at 3ish and I dropped her off at her Aunt's. I slept as soon as I reached home. And to top off the day, we had a karaoke session with Aunty Darl and her kids at Songbox AU2 where I sang Gee, Oh and danced to Waka Waka, while sipping on my Toffee Nut latte.. Yum!! I only managed to get to bed at 3am, and I had a full day the next day, too.. Hmm..
This post is beginning to wander off, so I just want to congratulate my unnie again on her wedding. May she stay happy and blessed and I pray that she'll have a wonderful and loving family.. Amiin~
Stay tuned for my second pengapit duty in Feb!! Peace out..

No comments:
Post a Comment