When: 23 January 2011, 12am.
Who : Abah, Mama, Aunty Darl, Husna, Dini, Adam and me.
Where: Songbox, Jaya Jusco AU2
And we only realized it was the 23rd after we finished karaokeing at about 1am, when Mama promptly gave Ayed a call and I sang "Happy Birthday" to him with the last vestiges of voice that I had. As per usual, our post karaoke activity would be to stop by a nearby mamak's place and this time it was Ali Maju. I had just finished my Toffee Nut latte (Sigh, till we met again this Christmas...) and it was freaking ONE A.M. so I only ordered plain hot water. The others were mostly eating roti (canai, bakar, planta etc..) and generally managing to finish their food through the grogginess. We only got home at just before 2 and its lights out almost immediately.
I woke up around 9 and the early part of the morning was mostly spent with TV. Abah practically ordered all of us to join his "Let's Bowl Together" program at Alamanda. The event was organized by Landskap Malaysia, Sekretariat Malaysia Prihatin and Pejabat Tun Abdullah Badawi and to differentiate between the different organizations, people from Landskap Malaysia were supposed to wear white. Not really sure about the others though, heh..
I had a leeeetle problem with my phone memory card like right before when we were supposed to go to Putrajaya, which was why I ended up lugging my netbook around the entire frekking time. Huu.. We got there just as they were about to start but in the chaos of getting ready we forgot to eat!! Since Husna and me are not bowling (and Mama had to mingle) we had to go to McD and play delivery girls. Just as we reached the bowling alley shamelessly carrying our food and ignoring the "No outside food allowed" sign, the assignment of team began. Zaim had come with his "groupie" (LOLs) and he was the only one assigned to Team 2 while Huda, Zaid and Abah got in the same team (Team 4).
Husna and me sneaked out for a while to buy Ayed's birthday card, which took quite some time since I have never been to Alamanda and was kinda taking my time. We also had a hard time choosing a birthday card (sweet vs. cool) so when we got back they were already playing their second game. We spent the remaining time taking pictures, cheering and high-fiveing untill everybody has finished playing. Then, it's makan time!! After everybody had their fill, it's finally time for prize-giving. Abah gave a short remark and then the winners were announced. Zaim's team won a placing to our delight. The program ended amidst applause from all.
IMO this was just another excuse for the family to take pictures and be all cute with each other. But it was fun nonetheless and it was a good first Alamanda experinece for me.
And also Happy 19th to Ayed. The last of your teen years. You'll be twenty next year!! OMG and I still remember when you were just the cutest littlest brother, all curly hair and no front teeth.. It's been wonderful seeing you grow up into a man and coming into your own. We still butt heads (literally) sometimes but we always have fun together right? Do your best in life and know that you'll always have us.. Muah!!! Love you Yed..!
No comments:
Post a Comment