Aaaand one more goes over to the other side.. Now it's just me and my lonely self wallowing in my so-called freedom.. Which was why later in the day when all was settled Ama bought me a Starbucks frap to cheer me up after our Line Dance Funk session.
The day started as a total shock because I woke up at 7am when I promised Ama I would be at her place by 7.30..!! And I haven't even ironed my clothes yet.. Ugh, total disaster.. But luckily, both me and Ama made it just in time and managed to witness Illi's (and her sister Aimi's) solemnization.. She was officially Yusuf's wife at 8.50am.. On a side note, it was nice seeing Yusuf. I have't seen the guy in like years.. He looks the same.. Huhu.. There were almost no time for photographs at the masjid because the space was to be used for the hajj classes at 9am sharp. So all of us made our way to the hall where a small pelamin for both couples stood. That's where we got our Bride's Maid badges.. Cuuutee.. Then, families take turns for pictures with the couples. Of course there are also some with the bride's maids.. Hee~
We had some breakfast while the pengantins did their meet-and-greet with their closest friends and family. Then we followed Illi to her room, (like in between the dining hall and the hall) for her to change into her reception gown (which is gorgeous BTW..) Guests were expected to come at noon, so while Yusuf changed we went to the dining hall for lunch.. Yeap, and we just had breakfast.. LOL.. Anyway, the food was extremely nice and if I didn't just had breakfast I would've eaten a lot more. Ama fell in love with the tart teratai and Rabi' was forever bringing cakes over.. Heheh..
When the couples were all ready to make their grand entrance, I sneaked in to join the procession but stopped at the hall. We met Mai and Ziha and sat down to join their table. Kak Erin called just then so I went to keep her company while waiting for other KC'ers to show up. Yun, Izatul and Kerol arrived just as Kak Erin was taking her food. So there we had a nice little KC reunion.. I like.. And with many KC occasions, a LOT of pictures were taken.. Yun even snapped a few of me gobbling up the tart teratai.. *Blush*
Then, me and Ama hung around, saying hi to friends that we haven't seen for ages.. At a little after 3pm, we took our leave so as not to miss Bernard's class in Klang. But not before a last shot with the happy couple. I didn't get to really talk and catch up with Yusuf, but I guess we'll have time for that later. Insya Allah. So here's wishing all the happiness for Illi and Yusuf in their journey together. May Allah bless you with a beautiful family and success in all your challenges. Congratulations. And Yusuf, please take the bestest care of Illi ok?












No comments:
Post a Comment