2nd of November 2012 was definitely a day (and night) to remember. The day started off ordinarily enough. I went to work (but I was a bit late thanks to someone who took his own sweet time in the Smart Tag lane).. Had a meeting.. Ate nasi lemak kerang for breakfast.. Did some protein analysis..
But by 2pm I was in Wendy's at Giant Kota Damansara with most of the flashmobbers a.k.a. the crew. Some of us grabbed some lunch but I only managed to eat a few bites before we were asked to standby. Therefore it was with a heavy heart that I packed my chilli fries and Oreo smoothie and trudged up to the venue. And guess what, I wasn't even the one who finished off everything in the end. Sob..!!

Since almost all of us were in pink, it was quite conspicuous that we were just sitting at the side waiting for the music. So we opted to wait a little ways off the square near the toilet where our VIP was also hiding: LISA SURIHANI..!! There was some last minute practicing and of course photo ops..

When the alotted time drew nearer we came out in trickles. Kevin and I ended up right smack in the middle of the crowd because I thought it would be easier to start the dance there rather than running in when the flash mob starts. Suddenly I felt a tap on my shoulder and one of the SOFY staff asked whether I could stand-in for a winner who couldn't be there on time due to traffic. Lo and behold, suddenly I found myself on the little stage receiving a big fat mock cheque of RM8000 from Lisa Surihani for the Grand Prize winner..!! And all my friends' jaw dropped.. It was soo funny, I smiled/laughed the whole way..

Anyway, then the music started and all of us strutted our stuff. Nik couldn't make it so I paired up with Alvin. Lisa joined in the mob too. She was quite shocked to see me. LOL. She looked so cute trying to dance. Hehe. After the performance we re-grouped at Wendy's for some icecream and video viewing courtesy of Shafiq. Lisa also came by to thank us and graciously took pictures with each of us.

We hung out there for a while, then I brought Kevin to Damansara Uptown for his class. We made it just in time to get ready for the Hell-O-Win 90 mins Zumba challenge at the Curve with Terrence, Gladys and Uchop. Thanks Aishah for the makeup..!! And we even got certificates afterwards. Yeay..!!
We had a loongg day but our tummies are grumbling. So we stopped by Murni at SS2 for some late night treats (Mee Raja for me..!!) before heading home. Time for rest now.
No comments:
Post a Comment