Sunday, August 17, 2008

THINGS I DID ON MY 25TH BIRTHDAY

On the stroke of 12am on 16th August 2008, I was already sleeping on the living room couch. It was actually meant to be a half hour nap but I ended up sleeping till 2am. So when I woke up, there were 9 new messages on my phone. Most of it are to wish me Happy Birthday (smiles). Read a chapter from "Second Chance" (by Jane Green) and went to sleep.
I spent the morning basically watching the CD Kak Maya gave me, SECRET, the directorial debut of Jay Chou. As a director he did a great job but he could work more on his acting. Sorry Jay fans!! But I love him though. Haha.. The first part of the movie was kinda draggy but as it nears the end the pace was just nice. And the background score is absolutely amazing. All the piano numbers were WOW with a capital W.

Ama (my best friend) promised to treat me to Chillis at KLCC as a birthday present. She picked me up at about 12pm and surprisingly there were not as many people in KLCC as we thought. I ordered Monterey Chicken and she had fajitas. There was a little reunion going on as Ama used to work there after her SPM and there were a couple of guys who are still around. Plus, because of the "reunion" we got free desserts! Yeay!!

That night Abah, Mama, Una and me went to a relatives' (Jazrin's, Uncle Jimmy's son) wedding reception at the Grand Blue Wave Hotel Shah Alam. We got there at about 7-ish and made our way to the surau. Nenek and Mak Long joined us and together we read Yasin (3 times) because that night also happened to be Nisfu Syaaban. The hall was packed when we got there and we managed to get tables near the pelamin. I spent the whole night texting my thank yous to everybody who SMSed their wishes, which in hindsight is quite rude. Sorry!! The visual presentation was beautiful although it had some problems in the beginning. It turned out the couple got married after 11 years of dating. Wow!! Since we were seated with Mak Yang and Uncle Zul, you can say it was a bit chaotic at our table. But that just made me enjoy the reception more. I don't really like to go to weddings nowadays because there will inevitably be queries of my own wedding, which is probably not gonna happen in some time.. Sad.. Still, I wish the couple infinite happiness and lots of blessings from Allah. Hope their marriage will be forever happy and blissfull. Sadly, no pictures with the happy couple. Gomenne minna-san!!

On a sidenote: DongBangShinKi and the rest of the SM family just finished their first SMTown Live 2008 concert yesterday. I must say the boys look extra yummy, especially Yunho and Junsu.. Hehe..Biased I am.. The shirts look soooo cute. I want all of them!! They are going back to Japan and come straight back to Korea for the release of their fourth album. Can't wait!! Some eye-candy to end this post.

No comments: