Monday, December 29, 2008

LANGKAWI VISIT 08

25th December 2008
We were on a plane to Langkawi on Christmas evening. We made it on time but got distracted with McD (because some of us hadn't had anything the whole day). Our flight leaves on 6.45pm but we were still happily eating at 6.30 pm (shakes head...) Zaim, Huda and me had express boarding which means that we were supposed to get on the plane a bit earlier and saved seats for the others. That plan severely backfired because when we got there everybody was clamoring to get to the plane. Abah was fuming. However, Zaim managed to save a couple of seats, so Mama and me joined him. Husna managed to grab a seat with Zaid, not far away from Huda and Abah was somewhere out front. The flight was pretty much uneventful. I sat between Mama and Zaim and ended up reading my book or talking to Mama.
Waiting for my vanilla Milkshake...
It turned out the plane that we were in was the one that brought the Man U team so that meant that we had to take some pictures of it. Hee hee.. You can't really make it out coz it was dark and we were in a hurry to take the pictures coz it was raining...

When we landed, Auntie Zawiah and Uncle Malik were already waiting with two cars. They took us to a restaurant (Haji Ramli) at Pantai Cenang. We had a quite filling dinner and we were quickly brought to the hotel. We checked in Awana Porto Malai (Room 1237 and 1239) and quickly fell asleep (Huda and Zaid went to Pantai Cenang for a bit though).
What was left of our dinner...

26th December 2008
It's DBSK's 5th anniversary today!! But that's for another post. We were up a bit late and went out for breakfast at about 10.30am. Needless to say, there were not many shops open then. So we stopped at the first stall that we saw (TOMATO). Then we headed to Langkawi Fair and did a little shopping. We went a bit crazy at the FOS shop though. Abah made plans for a bit golf with Uncle Malik so he left early. As we were walking around, we spotted a karaoke bar and just couldn't resist. We sang a few songs but the computer got stuck mid-song (Intifada').. Then we tried our hands snooker. It was a close call between the two teams but Zaim and Huda managed to sink their last ball first. Sorry Zaid!! Hee...

Anyway, that night we were invited to Auntie and Uncle's house because they had a sort of kenduri (their son just got circumsized). It was our first time seeing their new house and let me tell you, it is WOW!! We had ikan and udang bakar there. Absolute YUM!! After that we just could't resist taking a few pictures around the house, being the camwhores that we are.. We got home a bit late that night..
27th December 2008
Mama found a note early that morning telling that we were supposed to check out that day. Turned out there was a misunderstanding when we were booking that we were only staying for 2 nights instead of 3 nights. And the bad part is we can't extend our stay because the hotel is already fully booked. Waaaa!!! It was a good thing that me and Mama stayed up after Subuh to watch the sunrise. It was beautiful...
I had breakfast at the lounge with Zaim, Abah and Una. We went island hopping that day to Pulau Beras Basah and then to do some eagle feeding(more like eagle watching because apparently they just fed the eagles). There are not so many pictures because most of them are for privete viewing. Sorry!!
Waiting for our ride to the pier
Taken on our way to the island...
At the island and on our way back after the eagle feeding session
Then we had our lunch, somewhere on the way to Kuah. Mind you, we had to stop at at least two different places before settling on that place. So then we checked out from Awana and Mama and Abah brought our stuff to Auntie and Uncles's house. We're bunking at their place tonight!! Me and the young ones took pictures around the hotel for a bit and then went shopping along Cenang.



I bought some dresses, a sunglass and ice cream!! We were at the go-kart place by 4.45pm. Yarp (Zaim's friend) was also there along with some of his friends. We had a couple of friendly games. I managed 7 laps in 10 minutes, but at the last two laps I was feeling a bit nauseous and kinda threw up a little after I finished the race. I wasn't feeling well after that, and when we got to Auntie and Uncle's I promptly fell asleep until about 10pm. Our last activity for the day is.. (drumroll....) KARAOKE!! Uncle Malik has booked a room for us at the Karaoke Lounge in Bayview. I sang a couple of songs (Mmmbop, Bagaikan puteri etc) even though I wasn't really feeling top notch. And we got home at about 2.00 am. Zzzz...
28th December 2008
It's Mama's birthday today!!! We got up at about 9.30am and lazed around for a bit. Got ready and had some breakfast while watching a rerun of Mawi and Ekin's Akad. Then me and the young ones followed Abah and bought ourselves an SLR Camera!!
Canon EOS 1000D
Then we bought Nenek a phone coz she's been having some problems with hers. We met up with Mama and Auntie Zawiah at Wan Thai and had a nice lunch.
After we had our fill, we followed Mama for some more shopping. I bought some batik lepas and then we head over to Langkawi Fair (again..) and bought some chocolates. I bought RM200 worth!! Wow!! Finally we headed to the house and started packing. I finished reading my book (Remember Me by Sophie Kinsella).

Mama bought some Laksa Penarak so we we had some of those before going to the airport. I read the End Year's Doa with Mama. We persuaded Mama and Abah for some Starbucks before boarding. I finally had my Toffee Nut Frappucino.. Heaven!!
Since I got express boarding, I managed to snag a window seat (yeay Me!!!)..
Landed safely at the LCCT..Although the walk from the plane to the arrival place is quite long...
We took a van home and as usual I immediately unpack. Watched the ending of Pirates of the Carribean:At World's End and slept at about 1.30am after some fiddling with the computer..
Looking forward for the next family trip...

No comments: