Tuesday, July 28, 2009

MATSUJUN AND ARASHI

I know I'm a few years late, but I just discovered the wonderful world of HanaDan (Hana Yori Dango). Basically it introduced me to two new loves: Matsumoto Jun (MatsuJun aka My JUN!) and Arashi. It also somehow invoked an interest in me to learn Japanese, something that even the mighty Tohoshinki did not manage.

One Love (HanaDan Final theme song) jacket cover [my absolute favourite Arashi song!] and a picture of Bambi.
I got totally hooked on Jun in HanaDan. At first I was totally OK with just being a fan of his acting and kinda restrained myself on his music. I've heard of Arashi but before HanaDan have yet to listen to their songs. In terms of music, I prefer Kpop to JPop so I didn't really hop in the Arashi bandwagon. BUT, I saw the HanaDan Special where Arashi performed their three songs for the dramas (and movie), with Jun pretending to be Domyouji and I find their interactions with each other utterly adorable and uninhibited. Like they were so funny and so supporting of their members, although it was a bit surreal to see Jun in his Domyouji persona while with Arashi. From there, I started to watch Youtube clips of Arashi and boy, were they hilarious!! They were more open, more unrestrained, never shy to show their wild side and I was immediately transformed into a fangirl.

Now I'm gonna spazz a bit on Jun and Arashi. They are totally adorable!!!! And crazy.

Doesn't Jun look so innocent?
Jun (Matsumoto Jun, 30th August 1983) is the perfect rockstar. He's so cool in whatever he does. He is officially my new love. It was a good thing that I fell in love with Jun after I watched Hanadan because I was able to fully immerse myself in the experience without being distracted by him. What I love most about him is his eyebrows, I somehow find them so sexy. And his chubby cheeks. Not forgetting his devil-may-care attitude and his ability to carry off almost all types of clothing. I mean, almost everything looks good on this man. I have since watched almost all of his newer dramas and Domyouji is by far his best portrayal. Still, I loved Sawada in Gokusen (Tthose cheeks!!!) and Bambi was totally emo. I'm a lot less enamoured by his singing and dancing though. Not to say that I don't love it, it's just I don't LOVE it, you know? His moves tend to be a bit flairy and not on point and his voice can never even compete with the angelic voice that is Kim Junsu. Sorry Jun!
BUT I do love the fact that he does stand out in any Arashi performances and videos. And the small things he does delight me to no end, example being the water fall touch in the Believe MV and the thumb-in-my-pocket-but-I'm-still-dancing move he did in the crazy Moon MV. But the coolest is the Step & Go MV where I just completely and utterly fell in love with his HOTness. He looked soo good even in slow motion, man. Those moves and poses were just too cool... The Arashi members used to baby him because he's the youngest. Looking at his pictures in his younger days, I'd feel the same way too. He's just too CUTE! Who would've thunk that the boy with the plump cheeks and teeth splaying out will be soo HOT...
Moving on to the other members, Ohno @Riida (Ohno Satoshi, 26th November 1980) is the reluctantly appointed leader of the group and is the most poker faced person on this earth. He just looks expressionless in whatever situation he's in. Sometimes it's downright hilarious, especially when the members are teasing him. He can also be a bit unenthusiastic in urgent moments and utterly fails at giving motivational pep talks to his members. Any kind of food that enters his mouth is "Umai" (in other words, delicious). But he is still loved by the members, especially my little DoS Jun (Juntoshi) and Nino (Ohmiya). In one show there was a hypnotist and he was soo easily impressed upon that he ended up doing what others were instructed to do. That was hilarious, I tell you. He has recently taken up fishing and as a result is beginning to be quite tanned. Riida, stop being so dark... He's also very artistically inclined, being the member who draws best and has even exhibited his clay sculptures..
Nino (Ninomiya Kazunari, 17 th June 1983) is adorable. He has these big eyes and is the most physical member, in a sense that he can do acrobatics or dance a silly dance with a snap of the fingers. He can be a bit mean but in a totally adorable way. He's also a bit sarcastic, not unlike Changmin in DBSK. Out of the five, his acting has been most notably acclaimed, having co-starred with Clint Eastwood in Letter from Iwojima. He and Jun makes up the DoS couple in Arashi, often succumbing to their mood swings regardless of situation and appearance. It's cute how they can be so moody even in their own program and other members just adapt to their mood and gave them space to chill. Nino and Riida make up the infamous Ohmiya couple and they are totally cute with each other. Nino is also the shortest in the group, and Jun is the second tallest, evident from the picture below.
Aiba (Aiba Masaki, 24th December 1982) is kind of the funny and hentai one. He is hilarious and never fail to bring laughs wherever he is. He is called the miracle boy, for various reasons. He is the member most likely to get slapped or hit on the head by other members, which is a miracle of sorts given that he can still function properly most of the time. He has trouble reading kanji and can be a bit hazy on a few concepts. He really does stupid things earning him the nickname Aibaka (Baka is stupid in Japanese). He lurves animals and is the only member that does not hail from Tokyo. Aiba and Jun are called the Crybabies of Arashi because both of them cry easily. Doesn't Jun look cute in the second picture with Aiba? I have loads of Chibi pictures of AibaJun beacuse both of them were just too cute! Oh, and they're also the two tallest members in Arashi. But I think the average height in Arashi is a lot lower than DBSK's...Just saying...


Lastly is Sho (Sakurai Sho, 25th January 1982). My God, this guy is whacked!! And I love his rapping, lovingly called SakuRap by fans. It's a bit different than Yunho's and Yoochun's but I still love it. He is the most educated in the group and sometimes it does show. He is also famous for failing in any sports activity, and even any kind of physical challenge. I love his toothy smile and by far I think he's the most endearing (not counting Jun, of course!) in Arashi. If the selection of leaders were done by popular votes, Sho would've won. However, they went the unconventional way of Jankenpon, which is why Ohno is the leader now. Sho is the mother of the group and babies the three younger members; Aiba, Nino and Jun. I think Sho is quickly becoming my second favourite in Arashi because he is just tooo kawaii. i just love his voice and his laugh. His lips are delicious, na?


This year marks Arashi's 10th year together. Yes, they have been around since 15th September 1999!! They have since expanded from just being an idol group to various other professions with each member with his own individual body of work. But Arashi will always be one of their main priorities. Looking at their bond, I hope that they stay like that for 10 more years to come. And I also hope Tohoshinki (my DBSK) will have a bond as beautiful and as strong as Arashi's. ARASHINKI forever!!

For more info on Arashi, click http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arashi

p/s-Lotsa apologies for the excessive use of "cute" and "adorable" in this post

No comments: