Tuesday, August 4, 2009

TRAPped AGAIN!

I celebrated Friendship's Day with two of my bestest friends, Ama and Kak Maya. Am I lucky or what? And the theme is.. (drum roll)... Water!...


1st August

I woke up later than I planned, which consequently caused me to be a full half an hour late to Ama's place than promised. But then, Ama had to fill up her tank and with the roads being quite packed, we only managed to start our journey to Trolak proper at about 11.

The travel was as usual, me and Ama basically sharing recent stories of each other and just singing at whatever's on radio. Kak Maya was waiting for us just off the first traffic light after the Slim River toll place and brought us to her house.

Lunch was waiting for us when we got there, but was a bit cold since we were supposed to come two hours earlier. Hee, Sorry Kak Maya!! Anyway, Ama was so happy to get to eat tempoyak again after soo many years. Apparently, the last time she had them was when we were still in UIA! That kinda shocked me because in my house we have tempoyak on a weekly basis. Ama, next time if you want tempoyak, come to my house, okay?

After we ate, we quickly got ready to go to the waterfall (which in the end is not so much a waterfall, more like a stream or a creek) in Tapah. We reached Kuala Woh at about 3.30 and quickly found a spot to put our bags and food. After which,we preceded to enjoy the cool water and surprisingly warm sand.




We packed up at about 4.30 and went to have a quick change of clothes at Kak Maya's rented place in Kampar. Kak Maya and me sang a bunch of Korean and Japanese songs on the way while Ama slept at the back. Haha..


Then, we hopped back into the car and made our way to Jaya Jusco Kinta City. Why there? Beacuse we were going to see "The Proposal"! We got there about half an hour before the show starts which means that the cinema wasn't opened yet by the time we got our hands full of popcorn, hotdog and drinks. I enjoyed the movie but wasn't quite convinced with the idea that the hero fell in love with his mean boss in just three days. But it was still a good movie nonetheless. Sandra was being the stereotypical cold b**ch with the warm fluffy pink heart hidden deep inside and Ryan was just too HOT! We laughed a lot and I even clapped my hands a couple of times.



The movie ended at 11 and we stopped by some shops for food. Kak Maya was practically driving like there's no tomorrow. I think she had her foot glued on the accelerator because we made it back to Trolak in just an hour an a half. The funny thing is, at first I wanted to stay up so that she won't be sleepy. In the end, I was singing at one moment and sleeping at the next. By the time I got up, we were already halfway into the journey. Lucky Ama was there to keep her company. Sorry again Kak Maya! As soon as we got home, there was nothing much left to do but head to the bed and catch a lot of ZZzzzss...


2nd August



When Ama and me woke up, Kak Maya was happily making donuts. So I helped her with holing the donuts while Ama took a bath. Kak Hawe SMS'ed saying she was already on her way there when we were having breakfast. Interestingly, there was an article in the Mingguan Pancaindera section about the Taman Rekreasi Air Panas Sungai Klah. The exact place we were going to on that exact day!! It's fate, I tell you.


So, we got ready and headed out at about 9.30. First, Kak Maya took us to the Pasar Umum Sungkai. There were lots of stuff that they sell over there, as with all markets. We bought some snacks and fruits and I saw some outfits which were totally cute. Sadly, I'm saving money for an upcoming trip, so no impulsive spending done here!


Then we made our way to Sungai Klah. We paid RM10 each for the entrance fee and were given blue strips. Last time it was yellow, you know... Just as we were about to step up on the plank, Kak Hawe had arrived with her fiancee who henceforth shall be known as Abang Bale and Kak Manje.





As usual, we would rest awhile at the Natural Sauna place and took some pictures. There were not many people yet that early in the morning, so we had the whole place to ourselves. A few shots are taken and we would just not-so-quietly enjoy the steam slowly rising up from the hot water. Naturally, Ama was ecstatic to see the steaming stream. Os much so that somehow her strip tore and fell into the hot water! Luckily Hero Abang Bale came to the rescue and safely retrieved the strip. Fuuuh...




Then, we made our way to the hot pool. The water this time is not as hot as it was the other time. So we managed to stay for quite some time in the water. And I even immersed my whole body in the pleasantly warm water. However, there were moss floating in the entire pool which kinda grossed me out after a while. They were stuck everywhere. So we got out of the pool and ate the food that we brought in.

Next is the mountain spring pool. We didn't go into the water here last time but since Ama wanted me to take a picture of her on the slide, I did manage to dip in the cool water for a while. Kak Manje and Kak Maya watched from the sidelines while eating some laksa and jeruk. Ama bought ice creams and we were happily people watching when Kak Hawe and Abang Bale joined us.


The final place is the Egg-Boiling place where we would just dip in our feet. The water is about 30-40 degrees so it was hot but not HOT . I think the trick is not to lift up your feet after you've put them in the water or else, you'll fel a split second of coolness and an intense heat. You just have to resist the pain until your feet temperature kinda equilibrates with the hot water. After that, it's just a pleasantly warm feeling on your toes.

We had a brief stop at the therapeutic pool and then made our way once again to the Natural Sauna place. We rested there for a while and not long after that, we went back to Trolak. It actually started raining just as we got in the car, thank God. After freshening up, we had lunch. Tempoyak again, to Ama's delight. Almost all of us had a light nap and then we had to pack up and say goodbye to Kak Maya. So, with a heavy heart, I waved goodbye to her and we were on our way back to KL.

Ama took me to Giant Kota Damansara because I have never been there. So we took a quick walk around and had an early dinner at Nachos Nachos. I slept over at Ama's that night and was on the bed as soon as I finished praying. Funnily enough, I think I had more sleep during this whole trip that I would if I were to stay home.

So, that's basically the whole two day trip that I took with my Bestest Friends! I had loads of fun and it was nice hanging out with them as I haven't seen Ama for a while and will not be meeting Kak Maya for a long while. I already miss them...

On a side note: Happy Birthday to Kak Hawe (1st August) who only managed to join us on the second day due to prior commitments.

On another side note: News have broken out about the possiblity of the disbandment of TVXQ which I hope with all my heart is completely untrue. My eyes are watering as I'm typing this. I'm also having difficulties listening to their ballads as it would definitely make me teary eyed. Thank God for Arashi. I've been listening to their cheerful songs to lift my spirits up...

Always Keep The Faith...

No comments: