25th September 2010 started with a celebration and ended with a goodbye..
Because on the same day that Qamah got married is the day that Zinn and family will be heading back to Germany.
Originally, I had planned to stay overnight at Qamah's to be with her during preparations for the wedding. But due to constricting circumstances, I could only come on the wedding day itself. And Ama and me were also supposed to have dinner get together with Zinn before she leaves, but the plan was also cancelled. Sorry guys, but I love you. You know that, rite?
Anyway, I went to pick Ama up that morning and we headed to Klang. We had some difficulties in finding the place because Qamah told me the nikah was to be at her (newly renovated) house, but was instead at a surau nearby. When we walked in, the akad was not performed yet and I took a place right behind Qamah. Alhamdulillah, she was safely declared a wife at 10.32am. After a round of congratulations, we head back to the house for some touching up for the radiant bride. Guess what I was doing? Whining to everybody and anybody that I was hungry. Heh.. The house looked soo different from before, more spacious and airy. I like! I even joked taht one of the guest room was mine, ahaha.. We settled in the bridal room, just looking at Qamah and sharing her joy. During the photo session, I stayed at the kitchen and helped myself to some snacks. Heehee.. Guests were beginning to come for the kenduri, so we stepped out along with the bride and her groom. Ama and I took our time eating. When I was having my desert (yummy coconut jelly) Qamah asked me to join her cake cutting. Falah (the new groom) then told me to just swirl the jelly and down it in one gulp. Which I did, but ended up not drinking the whole thing. As most of the guests have left Ama and I also took our leave. But not before her mother gave us two giftbags and a kuih bakar each. Thank you, Mak! I love you..!
Ama had another wedding nearby but because I wasn't invited, I stayed back at her house reading up my notes for my exam coming in two days. She quickly came back with Yazid just over an hour after she left. And so we were on our way to KLIA. There was a long traffic jam on our way to the highway, and that got us worried. But, when we messaged Zinn asking her where she was, she replied that she was still at home! And the flight was in about 2 hours! Crazy.. So, it's a gone conclusion that we were the first to arrive at KLIA. We even had time for a brief walk around the terminal and Ama was immediately intrigued when she saw the poster for Baked Vegetarian Lasagna. Huhuh.. When we were nearing the check-in counter, we found a long winding line and was quite worried that Zinn won't make it on time. That was why we promptly got in line just in case. However, when they got to KLIA, they informed us that they have already checked-in online and just needed to check their luggage. Ahmad had grown so much since the last time we saw him and we were also introduced to Salma, Zinn's daughter. She had the chubbiest cheeks anyone alive is allowed to have. You just end up wanting to pinch 'em. Not long afer that, it was already time for goodbye. We walked them to the immigration counter, amidst loud goodbyes. They waved us with a smile and we only left when they were out of sight.
Our way back home was quite uneventful. Just that I was then concentrating on my next task in hand, my PTK exam!! So, in conclusion:
Qamah:: Congratulations again to you and Falah.. I hope you liked my uber modest wedding present..
Zinn:: Bye and best of luck to you and your family.. Take care dearies..
Ama:: BFF!!
Yazid:: Thanks for understanding the wacky side of me that only comes out to play when Ama is around..
And because it's nearing,
Illi:: Happy birthday!! I'll post your card as soon as I can k?






No comments:
Post a Comment