Tuesday, September 14, 2010

AIDILFITRI 1431 H

Aidilfitri this year was without much fanfare and a lot of modesty on our part. We had khatam Qur'an at Nenek's on the last day of Ramadhan and then Huda and me proceeded to sleep, leaving Zaim and zaid with Abah and Mama for the Raya cleaning. Heheh, sorry for that.. Of course, I only slept after my weekly dose of TakGu on KBSWorld..LOL.. Also, I found out that my nervous system was under attack from a virus just a day before Raya, which didn't help in the food part. I was diagnosed with shingles, which is kinda like chicken pox. Which meant any meat made me all itchy and uncomfortable as hell. And I had to take my meds five times every day for five days.. Crazy.. In any event, our Raya was somewhat subdued this year. On the flip side, I did manage to get a few Duit Rayas, which is always a good thing in my book..

10 September 2010 (Friday)

Nothing really pops out when I think of that pagi raya. Just that we all obediently woke up and got ready for Solat Aidilfitri. Because of last year's wet disaster, Husna and me were quite adamant that we find a spot inside the masjid. So much so that we left Huda because she was a little bit late (as always). Alhamdulillah, we managed to squeeze in the last few lines when suddenly Huda appeared and joined us. I did my usual people watching during the khutbah, and as previous years, forgot to bring any money for sedekah. Sorry..

When we got back home, we had our Raya breakfast and then changed into our green Raya outfits. I love this year's Baju Raya although it looked cliched but I still love it. SO THERE! Running late, we quickly had our salam and duit raya (cum photo) session with Mama and Abah before heading to Nenek's. Almost everybody was there and once more, we helped ourselves with their Raya fare. I had spaghetti and some kuih. Yums.. As usual, right after Nenek's is Tok Mat's turn and everybody quickly filled their bowls with the delicious Soto. Abah and the boys went to the masjid for Solat Jumaat, leaving the girls there with Nenek. After they got back, we had a small salam and duit raya session with Yours Truly.. We managed to get ourselves two whole packets of the candies, which is like soo heavenly.. It has been a few years since we last made the candies, and I don't know when we will ever make it again.. Huu~

In the past years, we've always gone to the studio before heading to Nenek's. But this year, we went there a bit late in the day. When we got to the studio, there were already a few families waiting for their turn. And what else was left for us to do but to have our own photo session. Haha.. When we got to the back room, we had quite a hard time deciding which background to use because we kinda used all of them by now. So we settled with a red background, typically used for visa photographs.. LOL.. Then, we went to Cik Ros's house. Kak Win has just delivered and we came to check out the newest addition to the family, Khalys Zahin. He's soo cute! Unlike past years, we didn't sleep at Cik Ros's and just fell like flies the moment we reached home.

After Isya', we headed to Kota Damansara as usual. I couldn't eat Nenek Long's famous daging because I was starting to feel itchy and was just content on munching the kuih raya. Our last stop for the day was Taman Harmonis for Aunty Linda and Co. We couldn't eat much, so we just took pictures and listened to her stories of the recent disappearance of her famous neighbour.

11 September 2010 (Saturday)

The second day of Raya was also quite eventful, but unfortunately not too many pictures that day. Same goes for subsequent days actually. Anyway, our first stop today is to Atuk's kubur with Nenek. Because Abah and the girls got there first, we read the Yaasin and then again when Nenek came with Mama and the boys. We stopped by Haji Tapah for breakfast, where they told us all the roti finished! So we just ordered drinks and Huda had half-boiled eggs. Mama and me went to a nearby Guardian where lo and behold, we found Neutrogena Rainbath!! So, Mama promptly bought four because the freaking thing is so freaking hard to find.

After a brief stop home, we went to Nenek Salmah's. I had only a moderate amount of nasi lemak and had some of the sinfully delicious chocolate fudge cake. Then, we set on for photo op around the hall. After that, we headed to PJ for Datuk Wan Abu Bakar's house, Abah's former boss. We haven't seen him in a long while and it's nice to see him and aunty doing well. We spent quite a while at their house, and even took a picture at their gazebo.

Then, we went to Datuk Wan Mokhtar's, whose wife was Mama's former boss. Hee! It's the visits to the former bosses!! OMG..! Haha.. They served us with Nasi Arab and lamb, which I only had some of but the banana cake with nuts was tastey.. It was getting late, so we stopped by the Masjid near UM for Maghrib and originally we wanted to stop by Mok Yah's but their family went back to Perak. So, where else but HOME SWEET HOME.

12 September 2010 (Sunday)
We spent the day on the road, on our way from Kuala Lumpur to Kuantan. I think we only managed to start the journey at 2pm and reached Kuantan at about 5pm. First stop for today was Pak Soh's family. Most of our cousins were there and we even managed to take a look at the newest addition to this side of the family; Abang Zul's son. But only on their computer. I know, so many babies.. Haha.. Zaim took the opportunity to bring Aina out and took pictures with her. Then, we made our way to Pok Mat's in Sungai Ular to see our favourite little boys and girl namely, Ina, Faiz and Fariz.. We just hung out until we realized that it was getting late and we needed to check in our hotel. Ina wanted to join us, and after Kak Sikin said OK, we went to Legend Hotel in Cherating. After we got to our rooms, everyone (except Mama, Abah and me) went out to get food. I fell asleep waiting for them.

13 September 2010 (Monday)

Kak Sikin came with her boys and all the little ones played at the swimming pool. Whilst I watched an episode of My Girlfriend is a Gumiho.. SeungGi as DaeWoong is pure fun and the Hoi couple is infinitely sweet. Since I planned to work the next day, and Husna wants to have an open house for her friends, the three of us went back to Kuala Lumpur and the rest made their way to Terengganu. We stopped by Gunung Senyum in Temerloh to meet up with Zaim's girrl.. Haha.. It was almost dark when we reached home. After freshening up, Husna and me headed to JJ Au2 for dinner, where we settled at Oldtown. Kaya bread, Yum! No pictures of me this day as I was not feeling well.

Oh, and by the way, Happy Birthday Amalina (13th September) and AKM (10th September)!!

No comments: