28th November 2011 for some reason was celebrated with both old friends and also newfound ones. Err, family time will be reported in the near future.. LOL.. Here's hoping that the friendship forged will last a lifetime.
So I woke up quite early and inexplicably unable to go back to sleep after Subuh. Which meant I was ON TIME picking Illi up and also despite a brief detour was half an hour earlier than Ama's promised pick-up time. Not really a good thing for Ama because her nap time was cut short. Heh.. The get-together was agreed upon a while ago and by this time both soon-to-be mothers are showing significant baby bumps.
When we got to One Utama, Seoul Garden wasn't even open yet so we walked around a bit. Into a candy store, into Himalaya, into a collectibles store... But when we made the turn around back to Seoul Garden, there was already a long line at the counter. What the.. 0_o After confirming and paying for our order, we were shown our seats.. Right at the back.. Thanks..
I took the Coffee Chicken (it seriously tastes like coffee) and the beef. Ama can't really take chicken, so the beef was mostly gobbled up by her. The kimchi this time was surprisingly nice. Illi was the veggie freak as she came bearing one whole plate of greens to our table and Ama got busy with her mushrooms. As per usual, we spent more than an hour eating through the food, talking all the while. Seriuosly, not even one moment of quiet. Mostly we were updating each other of our stories. Ama and Illi exchanged pregnancy stories. I find it extremely cute that Illi is still undecided on what her baby will call her. Ibu? Ummi? Bonda? LOL.
In the end, we were unable to finish all the food we took. Tummy. Too. Full. So we upped and left. Ama suggested we walk around to let the food settle, so we looked at a few sports shoes and items. I NEED NEW SHOES!! It was raining when we got out of the parking lot. We stopped by Ayam Kampung to buy lunch for Ama's parents. After dropping her and Illi off, I headed straight to Berjaya Times Square.
Uchop was invited to do the Sh'bam launch at the Sports Toto Fitness Centre that evening. When I got there, everybody had already arrived. Since the theme for the class was red and blue I decided to dance in my jeans. Aah, the DIVA in me. Hee~ The class was absolutely fun, with all of us dancing to all kinds of music. I LOVE the studio. I could totally check myself out dancing with the full length mirror at the front and at the side. Nice~ However, due to the intensity of the workout I almost felt like all the food I had before was slowly making its way upwards.. Ugh..
When the class was over, there was the usual camwhoring session and then all of us trekked to the changing room. I must say, I also love the shower room here. It's much more spacious than at Fitness First. It took a while for the gurls to finish getting ready (makeup and all uolss..) we were at Johnys by 6.30ish where Kevin and Sean were waiting with a looong table. Nik brought a HUGE teddy bear for Uchop and a Cute one for Emmyl, the November babies. All of us ordered the rice/noodle set, which IMO was a bit of a waste because going to Johnys and not having steamboat is like going to Venice and not riding on a gondola.. Haha.. Sorry, couldn't find a more apt comparison.. Anyway, I had mee hoon tom yam and a sundae (even though it's a Monday LOL and I'm still suffering with a flu).
We finished eating at 8pm and had approximately 3++ hours to kill. The gurls headed to the bowling place for a couple of sets, Uchop and Nik went to find a massage place and Kevin went to look for new shoes. I sneaked out and went to Starbucks and Krispy Kreme with Fendy and Emmyl. Then we met up with the gurls and it was karaoke time. Tila and Fendy kicked off with "Dua Insan". I sang "This I Promise You" and had a duet with Tila ("Hati Kama"). Ecah and Shahnaz also had a turn with the mike. We had fun with "Stop" and the encore song was "Oops I Did It Again". Brilliant.
By this time we had almost an hour left, so we decided to just sit around listening to the music blaring from Kenny Rogers while the crew was cleaning up. Most of us were pretty much tired and sleepy by now and just about ready to collapse. So at 11.40pm we trudged into the cinema for "Breaking Dawn: Part 1". I must confess this is my first time watching a Twilight movie at the cinema. Heck, this is my first time seeing a Twilight movie. Not counting the snippets I caught of the first two movies so I was completely ready to fall asleep. Therefore it came as a pleasant surprise that the story moved with a realistic pace and I didn't really feel out of loop. It was however a shame that they cutout the delivery scene because we were left wondering what happened to Bella after she gave birth to Renesmee. The movie finished at 1.30am. We said our goodbyes and all headed home. Gotta work in a few hours..~ ~

No comments:
Post a Comment