The name Sudoku(数独) is short for "数字は独身に限る" which is read, "Sūji wa dokushin ni kagiru", meaning "the numbers must be single", or "the numbers must occur only once".
I started playing Sudoku somewhere in the middle of 2007. It was one of the games provided with my phone at that time (Nokia 7390 L'Amour collection). But I only became truly addicted when I bought a Sudoku book. Last week I bought my fifth and latest Sudoku book even though I haven't finished even one of the previous books.
I don't know why but I only buy Sudoku books by Alan W.S. Tan. So far I've had Volume 4 to 7 and one Super Collection. Maybe I'm just too familiar with the style of the book. Each book has five different sections, starting with beginners, gentle, moderate, challenging and tough. At present I've never attempted a tough puzzle and constantly stuck in the challenging area. But I've always loved a good mental challenge and this definitely keeps me occupied for a few minutes every day.
Almost every weekend you can find me at home listening to music while soving a Sudoku puzzle (I seem to focus only with music which is why if you step into my office there will definitle be some type of music blaring).. Solving Sudoku puzzles also helps me to focus and provide that desperately needed distraction from office matters.
You must never underestimate the addiction power that Sudoku has.. So far two of my closest friends and some of my colleagues have been addicted to the numbers puzzle. Sadly, none of my family members appreciate or had the chance to appreciate the game so I would usually solving the puzzles alone. Not their fault though, I would solve all the Sudoku puzzles in the papers because all my Sudoku books are at my office. Heee... No DBSK, just 2U for now since I couldn't find any pix where the boys are studying...



No comments:
Post a Comment