Tuesday, September 30, 2008

AIDILFITRI FAMILY PORTRAITS

Since Syawal is fast approaching, I thought it would be appropriate if I posted our Aidilfitri family portraits. We started taking portraits every Syawal when I was just a little girl. But Mama said after Zaid got sick, there was no time to continue that particular tradition. We started taking portraits again when I was in secondary school (I think..). But it only became something that we just HAD to do until a few years back (circa 2005)...

So every first day of Syawal, we would first perform the Solat Aidilfitri at the local masjid. Next, we would have breakfast , usually nasi impit, rendang and kuah kacang. Then we'll have the salam-salam, where the actual picture taking session begins. This is also where we get (or give) the duit raya. After that it's portrait time!! Usually we would go to the studios that we were familiar with (most are Chinese operated, which is why they're open on Hari Raya) and get our picture taken.. After the portrait is taken care of, then we could properly start our Hari Raya where the first place we head to is my hometown, Gombak.
Below are the portraits that we have taken thus far, according to timeline (I think)...




And as my usual last say, DBSK says SALAM AIDILFITRI!

No comments: