~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Nowadays it's been a limbo of depression and fervent hope for me. Although sometimes I'm smiling and laughing, I can't help feeling a little bit out-of-sorts whenever thoughts of TVXQ come racing across my mind. Even as I surround myself with their images and music, there is still that sttubborn niggling thought. What if....? I don't even dare to imagine a day when TVXQ would break up.. That would be a sad day for me...
JaeYooSu, fighting!!
The trial for JaeYooSu was on the 21st and although no resolution was reached yet, TVXQ fans across the world are praying and hoping that this will not be the end of this amazingly talented group. They have been together for 5 and a half years and gone through so many together. They've achieved so much. Broken so many records (The first foreign artist to have SIX straight Oricon Weekly, sold 300,000 album copies for Mirotic). But most importantly, touching so many hearts. It's no wonder that they currently have the largest fanclub in the world (as recorded by Guinness).For most of the fans, their music is when you will first start to notice them. Regardless whether it's a ballad or a full out SMP song, you'll be hooked almost instantly. But if you see their interviews, backstage preparations and variety appearances, you'll get the feeling that they are just five guys, wanting with all their hearts to please their fans.
Even if they are sick, they'll still put on a smile and sing. And sing well. Junsu sprained his ankle during their Secret Code Tour. And he went up on stage on a wheelchair. Yunho hurt his back while rehearsing but still performed in their Asia Tour Concert in KL. It truly breaks the heart to see their dedication and what they are willing to do in the name of their fans. I've witnessed firsthand how they pushed through the pain when Changmin after he fell, still continued singing and waving during a concert in Bangkok. Yoochun caught a cold and because of his asthma, kept coughing throughout their rehearsal during their Mirotic comeback. But you wouldn't know that if you saw their performance. It was flawless.
And get this, they only have ten days off every year. 10 out of 365 days. Only ten precious days for them to be with their fans and family. Even that sometimes get cut short e.g. I think Junsu only had 5 days beacuse of his Anyband commitments in 2007. And they are only paid 10% from all the sales of albums, photobooks, concert tickets, merchandises and whatnot. 10% for all the 5 of them. Just a mere 2% for each of them. It's just unbelievable.
Personally, I think the issue lies with the management. With the revenues that TXVQ is bringing in for SM Entertainment, they should cut some slack for the boys. Let them breath. All they're asking is for a review of the contract. And SME throws all this crap about their endorsements in China. And about how much they spent for TVXQ during their training days. I'm guessing they've already paid that debt back ten-fold. I mean, come on, SM. We're not dumb. We can totally see right through you. I just hope that someday they will come around to that.
On the other hand, Arashi is celebrating their ten years anniversary. Being together for ten years, that's just a testament of their staying power. Being a new fan, I've always thought that they have been enjoying great success from their debut. But I later found out that they did face hardships during the initial years. After they found their footing in the music industry, boosted by the members' solo activities, they are becoming more popular. They've released a BEST OF album and I just love the hidden track. It's so upbeat. My perfect remedy for my pseudo-depression period. The 5x10 song is also okay. It's a track they wrote for their fans, but I think they're writing skills needs vast improvement if compared to the compositions of JaeYooSu. However, Arashi's songs are a little more upbeat and poppy than TVXQ which is kind of a good thing for me right now. I have yet to come across a genuine Arashi album here. So, I'm currently thinking of ways to get people to buy them for me. It's a pity I'm not so fond on the online shopping thing. And their concert!! I so hope I can go, but... So many things are in the way... Money being at the very top of the list...
Tension agete, Arashi-chan!
What I love about ARASHINKI is the dorkiness of both groups. It's like they have no qualms showing their not-too-flattering side to the eager side of fans. Ergo, they are showing us their true colors and not what they want us to believe. I also love their group dynamics. It's like each member has thir own space and their own thing. But all of it merges into this one beautiful relationship. And last but not least, I love their stages. When they perform, the energy is so overwhelming that you can even feel it sitting in front of a monitor. During one of the concerts, Jun sang the song La Familia which talks about his feelings and hope after five years of being in Arashi. Wouldn't it be wonderful if TVXQ could sing that song? Someone! Do a fanvid of TVXQ with La Familia!! Now!!!So this is definitely a confusing time for me beacuse of the one hand, I'm devastated for TVXQ but ecstatic for Arashi. Oh, the world of fangirling.. How you can make my head spin... So, as a final word to my rant, to all Cassiopeians, Always Keep the faith. No matter what we will stand by our boys and forever and always. For Arashians, let's keep smiling with them and hope that they'll still be together for more years to come.
Red Ocean at Tokyo Dome. Isn't it beautiful?
P/s - I want to welcome Ayang to the TVXQ fandom. It's a truly wonderful place with good music, good people and endless laugh-out-loud moments. Next time I'm going to any TVXQ concert, I'll let you know k?





No comments:
Post a Comment