Sunday, August 30, 2009

TODAY IS 30TH AUGUST 2009

There are essentially three things that I want to ramble about today. One may be a bit short, the other might be somewhat longer and the last one is just a kind of tribute (I think).

So, the first thing is that I'm going to Korea in exactly 6 hours and 20 minutes. My flight leaves KLIA at 11.30pm tonite.. And I still haven't finished packing..Ha!! I'll be going there with my parents. Abah actually has a conference there and he asked Mama to come along. And of course, I'm tagging along because honestly, who'd let this opportunity go.. Even though it IS in the middle of Ramadhan.. Huu~ Soushite minna san, you can expect my next post to be adequately picturised and extensive...

The second agenda: OTANJOUBI OMEDETTO GOZAIMASU MATSUMOTO JUN!!! Finally, you're 26. I wonder whether he celebrated with his fellow Arashi members or just enjoyed a quiet celebration at home.. Since he doesn't have any solo project now, having finished SMILE, I don't think he's working.. Or is he? *stares out to think for a while* Anyway, I'm planning to get me some cake so I can have my own private celebration (Plus, I haven't had cake for a while, I miss it...) Speaking of SMILE, I just bought the DVD last night.. Yeay!! *Throws non-existent confetti into the air while smiling goofily* I love being a fangirl... Although I do so wanted to start watching it, I know it's impossible to finish it all up in one day.. So, I've resigned myself to watching it after my return from Korea. Insya Allah. So, just a bit of spoof from my birthday..

WHAT I DID ON JUN'S 26Th BIRTHDAY

Basically, I spent almost the whole day inside. I watched (and downloaded) some old episodes of Arashi no Shukudai-kun. Then I slept for a bit in front of the TV and just started packing at around 2.30pm.... I caught some Ace Ventura and is currently in front of the computer, typing up this entry while listening to Love So Sweet. Aand, THE END...

Lastly, since tomorrow is Malaysia's 52nd year of Independence, there is something that I would like to say. I'm thankful to be Malaysian. And the reasons are simpler (and a bit superficial?) than you may think. Mostly the reason I'm grateful is the multiracialness (Huh?) of Malaysia. Because it does make you more susceptible of other cultures in the world. Like even from the beginning we are made aware that they are many types of people with different style of living. Because of these...

  1. We can have almost any type of food here in Malaysia 24/7. Provided, they have to be halal for Muslims but still Malay, Chinese and Indian food are available even in the remotest part of Malaysia.
  2. You have more holidays!! Haha, some might laugh at this but it's still one of the reasons why I love Malaysia. You don't have to go looking for reasons to take the day off because they're already giving it to you. I think July is the only month that we don't have one sort of national holiday.
  3. I have a feeling that Malaysia is the only country that has shows fom all corners of the world in its national channel. Subscribed channels don't count because obviously you have more variety in cable. I mean, you have the staple Malay, Chinese and Tamil. But you also have Hindi, Latin, Korean, Japanese, Indonesian and obviously English programs to choose from. It's also usual for a movie-goer to choose from shows of various languages at cineplexes. Big high five to whoever thought of subtitles.. You rock!
  4. And last, I love the fact that it is a somewhat small country that kinda makes it easier for its people to go from the bustling city and be at the sea in just under two hours. Or can be at the highlands in almost an hour. Isn't that amazing? You get to feel and experience all types of landscapes. I've heard of some people who haven't seen the sea for almost their entire life. Isn't that sad?

However, I'll admit that there are a few glaring inadequecies. I'll not list them all, just from the top of my head..

  1. I think Malaysian are too pampered because of our multiracialness (I know, again.. Huh?). It's because they are too many racial sentiments that people (especially leaders) tend to tiptoe around, trying to please everybody. In a way, this kind of hinders development which ultimately makes real progress difficult.
  2. I noticed that there is lack of national pride among Malaysians, especially young ones. I applaud programs like PLKN and we do celebrate Independence Day in school, but that's kinda it. There's no real effort to really make the Malaysians appreciate their nation, land and be proud to say that they're Malaysian.
  3. With the influx of other cultures into Malaysia, and the fact that we're embracing it with arms wide open, there should be a concentrated effort to actually conserve OUR culture. There is no program (that I'm aware of) where they show histories of Malaysia. Aside from our history lessons, we barely know of the arts and produce of Malaysia.
  4. Lastly, there's a trend I notice where at first we will be all gungho on a project, claiming it to be this and that. And after a while it just fizzles out. The project might still have been carried out, but all the hype has gone waaay down to minus. Tsk2.. Such a shame.. There's also lack of maintenace for what was once a high profile project, but upon its completion left alone to fend on its ownself...

This is just purely my thoughts, and a little half-baked at that. I don't mean to condemn or look upon any Malaysian, I'm one too, you know. But with the goods, there must be the bads. I love my English, haha.. Don't get me wrong, I'm thankful to be a Malaysian, but my nationalism sentiments could be a little bit more higher. I think that's it. Abah has already gave me the dagger eyes to finish packing up... So, off I go.. Till next post... Sayonara...

EDIT: I found out what Jun did on his birthday..!! He was performing at Arashi's 5x10 Kokuritsu concert.. Cool.. Wish I could've gone and celebrated with him... The members even gave his present and cake on stage.. Some pictures from the concert courtesy tenjostyle@livejournal

Jun's Birthday Present..

Some shots of Jun at the concert

No comments: