~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
During my time spent in IIUM, there was one friend who went through everything with me.. Basically she was there for every major event that I went through in university. We were roommates from the first to the last semester I was in Mahallah Asma' (except for the one time when she didn't take short semester). Astiqamah @ Asti @ Qamah will forever be my Yang..
Right before our debut performance-Get Down!!
If during the days I'm always with Illi, then Qamah is my companion by night. If I was tired after studying, I would lie in her bed so that she can wake me up after I'm a bit rested. I remember one time I had fever, she was the one who took care of me. The first person (outside of my family) to do so. Since she took Law and I was an engineering student, we didn't really run in the same crowd in IIUM. But somehow her friends became mine and vice versa. I was also shown a different world than the technical I was used to my whole life.
During our trip to Pizza Hut with Kak Aini and Kak Fisya
Being her roommate is a bit adventurous because there was never a dull moment. She always had something going on (good and bad). She'd tell me her problems and I'd tell her some funny stories. We've become so close that we had each other's habits down pat. She knows how I like my food and I know that she is not a morning person. She tolerates my singing in the middle of the night even when our other roommates were complaining. Sometimes I find myself doing the thumb flicking thing that she likes to do. Qamah really understands me, which is why I'm totally comfortable with her. Also, I've learnt to appreciate more and see things in a different manner. She really helps me mature as a person. I know I've become a better friend, daughter, sister because of her. Thanks, Yang!!
A picture taken when she came to my house sometime during Eid 2007.
One thing is, I've noticed that she gets discouraged easily and have a wavering sort of self-confidence. I just wish that she saw how great and beautiful she is and how good she makes people around her feel. It's been a while since I last saw her, but we still keep in touch. I hope she'll have a great life and may all happiness be with her.
Our last picture taken together at Kak Fisya's wedding.
I know it's a bit random, but I still want to post a picture of my boys having fun at the Lotte photoshoot. I hope mine and Qamah's friendship stay as strong as ever and no matter where we are, we will always have fun and be thankful of all the good things that we have been blessed with.



No comments:
Post a Comment