After I took my bath I realized that I had completely forgotten to put henna on my fingers the night before. So I persuaded Husna to put some on me while I wait for everyone to finish up with their preparation for Solat Sunat Aidilfitri. I only wore a simple black jubah to the masjid. As usual, we just walked to the Masjid. We were there just in time and managed to get a nice cool place to perform our prayers. During khutbah I was up to my usual habit of checking out other people's baju raya. It always amazes me how they can wear their baju raya during prayers because then after the solat the outfit will be crumpled and then because it can get a bit hot during the khutbah, you start to feel a bit stuffy and sweat. Weird..
Anyway, the khutbah ended at about 9.00 am and we made our way back home.. We changed into our raya clothes and had some breakfast (nasi impit, rendang and kuah kacang).. This year we decided not to go to the studio for the family portrait.. So, we had our session for giving "Duit Raya" and some shooting...
As usual, the first place we head to is Gombak.. Nenek is the only grandparent that we have.. Both Abah's parents are gone and I never even met my maternal grandfather.. There, we had another session of giving "Duit Raya"..
Next is Atok Mat's house.. He's Nenek's little brother and lives just a minutes' walk away.. The usual menu there would be the delicious soto..
Then, we headed to Taman Harmoni where a few of our relatives are. We wanted to visit Cik Da because we heard she was sick. Cik Da was the one who took care of me and Zaim after we got back from England. However, we keep missing her that day..
(The three Aimi's being dorky)
That night we went to Nek Long's house in Kota Damansara. Then to Tok Yep's house in Shah Alam.. And finally to Mok Yah's (Abah's little sis) also in Shah Alam.. We got back home at about 2.30am.. Phew!!
On the second day of Eid we went back to Nenek's house because some relatives from my maternal gradfather's side (Keluarga Jantan) were there. The meehoon hailam was delicious!!
(Me with Zaid and Zaim)
From there we went to Cik Ros's house and Nenek Salmah's; used to be referred as Istana Takeshi. I think we call it Istana Takeshi because the house sits on top of a hill and is filled with crytals. It is one of the coolest house and there are many photo op spots there. But we could only take a few pictures because we were busy looking at old photos of our mom and Nenek. The usual menu here is nasi lemak.
We went to visit our grandfather's and his parent's graves on the third day of Eid. And finally we visited Cik Da. She's doing quite well and even have grandkids now. Cik Da used to take care of me, Zaim and Huda when we were kids but had to stop because she got pregnant. I have some memories of staying at her house. She's a very sweet and caring lady.
The rest of Eid is kind of boring. Not as eventful as one might think. So as my last word, this is Tohoshinki looking sexy for their Five in The Black cover.

No comments:
Post a Comment