WARNING!! I'm going to wax lyrical about my name...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Whilst I was driving a few weeks back I heard this question on the radio
Whilst I was driving a few weeks back I heard this question on the radio
"If you could change your name, what would it be?"
Honestly I wouldn't want any other name than mine. I think my name is who I am. It represents, well.. ME!! You won't find any other name like mine in this whole wide world. So it's unique, just like me.. It's not too long but not too short. At the same time it's not a completely weird name but not so ordinary either. This might be a bit strange but I love that my name starts with A. Although sometimes that means I had to sit in front or just be surrounded with Abduls and Ahmads (expecially in exam halls in school) or chosen to be something just because my name is at the top of the list..Despite all that I still love my name, AIMI IZYANA!! One of the reasons is because both me and Ama's names start with A, we found each other and have never let go since.. You can actually say that I feel me and Ama are kindred spirits of sorts.. Like soulmates..
It was given to me by my mother (Thanks Mama!!).. She always loved the name Aimi and she chose Izyana because she knew I was a girl and wanted me to be someone that she can be proud of (I think).. Anyway in Arab, Aimi Izyana means "Keberkatanku Perhiasan Kami".. Since a women is supposed to be perhiasan dunia. Get it? Since my two sisters' name s (Huda and Husna) both starts with H, people always asked why mine starts with I. To that I answer because I'm the oldest and I'm the precious first born. Hee...
I also googled the meaning of Aimi and found something interesting. In Japanese 愛 (ai) "love, affection" and 美 (mi) "beautiful". So Aimi is basically beautiful love. Awww...
One time, me and my sisters looked in a baby names book and found that Aimi is a version of Aimee (Latin) which is a form of Amy (french) which in turn means loved. Another aaww..
(DBSK is wondering how you feel after reading this post.. But, you were warned right?)

No comments:
Post a Comment