Wednesday, October 15, 2008

MAGNIFICENT 4

Illi is back from Manchester for one month. So this is kinda like a tribute to her. Thought I'd introduce my three best friends (Ama, Illi and Zinn).
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

During my university days I met 3 most wonderful friends in the world. I hope we will continue to be friends forever and be with each other through ups and downs. Even if we're a thousand miles apart or on different parts of the world I know each of them will continue to be there for me and I will always be there for them too.

I met Ama one fine morning where we were taking the English Placement Test in the IIUM Matriculation Center. No surprises actually since both of our names start with "A".. (Note to self: have to thank my parents for that)... Because of our outstanding English(hee) both of us got exempted from English so we were placed in the same class.

Left: Ama with Zinn, Right: Ama with Illi
There we met Zinn. For some reason she was writing down her address and I saw that we lived in neighbouring places. So I commented on that. We quickly became friends soon after. Zinn and I were the only two girls who were exempted from English and Arabic so we had the same schedule and would take elective classes together. Honestly till this day I don't know how I got exempted from Arabic since all I did in the placement test was match somethings and filled in some blanks. Weird...

Zinn, Ama and me just before the Enginius Appreciation Nite during our final sem in the IIUM Matyriculation Center.

Ama were roommates with Illi, who so happens to be Zinn's friend. Illi ran in a different crowd (class) in matric, so at first there were just the three of us going from one end of the campus to the other. But when we entered the IIUM main camp Illi came into the picture permanently. So the magnificent 4 was born.

Illi, me, Ama and Zinn at the Petronas Tower Skybridge sometime in our first two years in IIUM.

In the first year of our course in IIUM the four of us would go everywhere together. By the second year we had to choose majors. After agonizing for weeks I chose Biotechnology and so did Illi. While Ama preferred materials and Zinn was in mechatronics. Since both me and Illi were in the same majors we were in each other's presence a lot. Illi and Ama were also destined to become each other roommates' till the very last (except one semester where we were assigned a roommate, Ama and me were roommates then) so I saw a lot of Ama and get updates from Illi now and then.

Zinn did her own thing but all four of us would take elective classes together. When we had to choose for skills calsses me and Zinn went for swimming classes while Ama and Illi opted for First Aid classes. I wouldn't say the four of us were inseparable. There were times when I didn't see Ama or Zinn for days (Illi is another different matter). But in the end we would still be laughing, shouting, eating together, telling each other's stories, secrets and in general just being friends.

I've always felt like Illi is the leader of the group. The mature one who tells us that some things are just childish. Illi is like the go-to person. Not just for us, but for everybody. Ama is the life of the group. The one that connected each of us together. You will always smile when she's around. She's got this incredible warmth and sense of humor that she automatically becomes everyone's favoutite. Zinn is the baby of the group. The youngest with a mind of her own, bent on doing things her way. Sometimes she could also be the voice of reason for us. I'm just there by some twisted fate that made me best friends with these three amazing people. It can be quite loud when we got together (especially with the combined vocal powers of me and Ama, hee). We also would have this thing where we would just be standing right smack in the middle of the way because we got carried away with whatever it was that we were discussing. Sorry people!!

This is the last picture taken with the four of us at my Aidilfitri open house in 2006.

In the last semester in the last year in IIUM, Zinn got married. Illi became an assistant lecturer and is now in Manchester, UK furthering her studies. I still contact them especially Ama. Now I have no qualms about sleeping over at Ama's place since I know there's always a place for me in her room. Haha.. But it's been a while since the four of us got together.. I miss us..



The last picture taken with Illi before she flew to Manchester.

So that's my best friends. Hope all of them continue to follow their dreams and be the best in everything. They already are the bestest friend anyone could hope for. May all of us live in each other's hearts.

I'll end this with my usual closing. Hot boys in Paris.

No comments: